Projects:Alert Management Redesign/Functional Documentation
Alert Management Redesign - Functional Specifications
On this document are described the functional specifications considered on the redesign of the Alert Management window.
- Added new Status column. Upgrading systems need to initialize this new column properly for existing alerts. Available statuses are:
- New: Default initial status when the background process finds a new alert. Only alerts on this status are considered on the alert counter.
- Acknowledge: The user has done the necessary actions to solve the issue and is waiting for the background process to set the alert as solved.
- Suppressed: or exceptions. Alerts on this are not expected to be solved on the short-mid term.
- Solved: This is the final status of the alerts. The background process moves them to this status when detects the cause of the alert is fixed.
- New design of the Alert Management window using grids, enabling better filtering options and easier user operation.
- Issues and Feature requests to be considered:
- 3415 Alert Management
- 10510 Alert window does not preseve status when navigating back
- 10511 Alert rule list in Alert window is not sorted
- 10509 Auto save does not work in Alert window
- 8744 Not all alerts are showed
- 16269 Links to the source of the alerts do not work
- 16311 Alerts window is shown as a blank link in Recent Views section
Pending developments to be done
- Make the Alert Rule field on the grid linkable to the alert rule window in case the user has access to it.
- When the alert recipient includes a role create an alert for each of the users assigned to that role instead of a unique alert. If the alert is set as solved or suppressed all of them are updated. If the alert is set as New or Acknowledged only the user's alert is updated.
- Ability to send alerts to users.
- Ability to Export, Print or Email alerts.
- Ability to create an RSS feed for alerts.
- Ability to create an document URL for the Alert Management window.