Projects:Buy X Amount And EARN Y Points/User Guide
What is a loyalty rule?
In loyalty programs:
- Earn rules allow to earn points based on the processing of transactions
- Burn rules allow to burn points into different outputs (money, cheques, discounts, gifts, ...) depending on the burning mechanism/algorithm
- Category rules will allow user to move from one level to another based on a defined mechanism/algorithm.
This module provides a new EARN rule based on ticket amount. This rule can be configured at category level to determine the amount of points generated by each amount.
Where can the rule be found?
Loyalty rules are defined in the BackOffice inside EARN Rule Type, BURN Rule Type and category Rule Type windows. This are source data windows and those are just available when logged as system administrator
As Buy X Amount And EARN Y Points is an EARN Rule, this one will be registered under EARN Rule Type window.
How to configure the rule
Loyalty Program window
EARN rules are configured inside Loyalty Program window. EARN rules are always defined for an specific loyalty category, this means you can have different EARN configuration per category.
To configure this rule you should create a new register under the desired loyalty category, and provide the required configuration.
When defining the rule for a given category, user can select the rule type. There are two different types available:
- Single Range: Subscriber earns X points on every Y amount spent, for instance, EARN 10 Points every 25 Euros spent. This means that if the customer spends 25 euros then 10 points will be earned, if the customer spends 50 EUR then 20 points will be earned and so on.
- Multiple Range: Subscriber earns X points when spending Y amount. Those ranges are defined in the configuration tab. Customer earns the number of points of the maximum range exceeded.
This EARN rule will not consider the following documents:
- Layaways: Layaway documents will not be considered. Once those are paid they convert into regular tickets. At this stage, once converted, those receipts will be considered by the rule.
- Returns: Returns are not being considered for points computation.
- Qoutations: Qoutations are not being considered by the EARN rule.
When are the points computed?
Once a ticket is synchronized with the BackOffice, the rule algorithm will be launched and the points generated for the related subscription.
After the ticket printing system will as well generate a printable containing the amount of points generated together with the total available amount of points for the subscription.
WebPOS requires to be ONLINE to retrieve the earned points. Those points are computed in BackOffice and those are just available when being ONLINE.