Projects:Coupon BURN Rule/User Guide
What is a loyalty rule?
In loyalty programs:
- Earn rules allow to earn points based on the processing of transactions
- Burn rules allow to burn points into different outputs (money, cheques, discounts, gifts, ...) depending on the burning mechanism/algorithm
- Category rules will allow user to move from one level to another based on a defined mechanism/algorithm.
This module provides a new BURN rule which generates discount coupons. This rule can be both used to:
- Be Executed Manually: This rule can be configured at loyalty program level and applies to any existing loyalty category. This configuration is the one being used for manual execution / burning.
- Be Executed in Scheduled Process: BURN rules can as well be configured in Burn Run Window. This configuration will be later consumed by the background process at the scheduled date/time to compute the discount coupons and consume the loyalty points.
Where can the rule be found?
Loyalty rules are defined in the BackOffice inside EARN Rule Type, BURN Rule Type and category Rule Type windows. These are source data windows and those are just available when logged as system administrator
As this is an BURN Rule, it should be registered under BURN Rule Type window.
How to configure the rule
Loyalty Program window
BURN rules are configured inside Loyalty Program and BURN Run windows. BURN rules are always defined for loyalty Programs, then those definitions can later be used in BURN Run window to prepare massive burning processes.
To configure this rule you should create a new register under the desired loyalty program, and provide the required configuration.
There are three different types of discount coupons that can be generated:
- Fix Amount: discounts with a fix discount amount. If a discount of this type is selected in configuration tab, coupon price in points will be automatically calculated based on discount amount, configured currency and existing conversion.
- Variable Amount: discounts of type Variable Amount Coupons. If a discount of this type is selected in configuration tab, one unique coupon of variable amount will be generated burning all available points.
- Others: any other type of discounts using coupon codes. In this case, coupon price in points should be manually defined.
A new configuration tab will be displayed bellow the BURN rule definition. This tab can be used to deploy the rule configuration:
There are few required to configure the rule:
- Promotion/Discount: This field defines the discount that will be applied when using the generated coupons.
- Currency: This is the currency used to calculate the number of coupons to be generated based on coupon price in points field and existing conversion.
- Coupon price in points: This is the number of points needed to generate one coupon.
- Maximum number of coupons: When left empty, rule will generate as many coupons as possible with the available number of points. When informed, the rule will generate as many coupons as possible with the available number of points till maximum number of coupons is reached.
- Minimum number of points: Minimum required number of points for this rule to be executed. If the subscriber has less than the given value, no coupon will be created.