This project implements coupons functionality. To be able to configure/define coupons the following module is required:
- Discount and promotions for retail
The promotion/discounts can be copied.
Select the discount/promotion to be copied, and click in 'Copy discount' button. A new popup is opened:
The name is required, and the printed name is optional. The rest of information is retrieved from the previously selected discount/promotion.
The coupon is a discount/promotion that has 'uses coupon codes' checked. When this checkbox is checked:
- the days of the week are enabled, in order to be able to define the days to redeem the coupons.
- 'Coupon' tab is shown, where the codes are defined.
NOTE: Coupons work as discount/promotions. The only difference is that they need the code to be inserted in order to be applied to the products.
You can find information about how to define a promotion/discount here
- Uses coupon codes
- Defines if discount/promotion is going to use codes to redeem them.
- It will be able to redeem coupons any day of the week
- It will be able to redeem coupons on Mondays
- It will be able to redeem coupons on Tuesdays
- It will be able to redeem coupons on Wednesday
- It will be able to redeem coupons on Thursdays
- It will be able to redeem coupons on Fridays
- It will be able to redeem coupons on Saturdays
- It will be able to redeem coupons on Sundays
The section Coupon availability is replaced by section Availability
- Coupon code
- The code of the coupon, that must be unique.
- Expires after 1 use
- It defines if after using in an order will be expired or not. It will be applicable only in one order.
- The status of the coupon ('Available', 'Not Available'). This field will be visible, when 'expired after 1 use' is checked.
NOTE: coupons will work only in WebPos even though the configuration is done in the backend.
Create an order in the webpos. Insert the coupon (it doesn't matter when the coupon is inserted. Once the coupon is inserted the promotion of the coupon will be taken into account for the products that were already in the order, and for the products that are added after it).
NOTE: More than one coupon code can have the same discount/promotion ID. Even though multiple coupons can be added to the order, the discount/promotion ID that belong to, has to be different. There is a validation in the WebPOS that avoids having multiple times the same discount/promotion ID.