Projects:Deactivable Linked Items Section/QA
As part of this project, inside the smoke tests infrastructure, it has been implemented the ability of identifying if a section of the form is visible.
Thanks to this new ability, it has been possible to create two new automatic tests:
- SEC0030_CheckVisibleAndHiddenSections, this test case checks if the standard sections, including the Linked Items, are visible after opening a new record in the Product window. The Disable Linked Items Section preference is not configured for this test.
- SEC0040_CheckDisableLinkedItemsSectionPreference, this test case carries out the following steps:
- Creates the Disable Linked Items Section preference with value = 'Y'. (Visible at any window).
- Selects the current profile in order to reload the application and force the refresh of the preference. Once done, it opens a record in the Product window and checks that the linked items section is not visible.
- Deletes the Disable Linked Items Section preference created at the first step.
Both tests are included into an existing test suite called FormSectionsSuite which is executed during the Continuous Integration process.
The following manual test has been created:
The changes introduced in this project are used to prevent possible performance implications, but they do not have a direct impact over the performance.
Code Review Process
The code review process for this project is detailed in the following sheet.