Projects:Deactivable Summary Functions/Specs
The functional requirement of this project is to provide the ability of disabling the Summary Functions that can be added into the grids of any standard window.
The summary functions (or grid summaries) of the grid allow users to set summary functions for a column. These summary values are shown in a separate row in the bottom of the grid.
The summary functions are executed on the server so they operate on the complete dataset which fits into the current filter. There could be cases where the computation of this functions can have performance implications.
For this reason, thanks to this project, the application will have a mechanism that will prevent possible performance problems caused by undesired user actions, trying to add this kind of summaries into the grid.
Thanks to a new setting available at the Grid Configuration, it will be possible to:
- Enable/disable the grid summaries at tab level.
- Enable/disable the grid summaries for every tab within the application, by defining the configuration at system level.
Applicaton Dictionary Changes
A new field must me added in both Grid Configuration at Window/Tab/Field Level and Grid Configuration at System Level windows. It will be used to specify if the summary functions can be added into the grid or not.
- Disable the section on the Client Side: the OBViewGrid will have a new property that will be used to hide the grid summaries menu entries when required.
- Hide existing Grid Summaries: if the system is configured to hide the summary functions, then the summary row will be hidden in the following scenarios:
- View Generation: when generating the window view, the new field within the Grid Configuration must be taken into account in order to generate the tabs with the new property. As explained before, it will be used to decide if the summary functions can be used or not.