The following document aims to be a user guide of the Digital Coupons for Retail module.
Digital Coupons are coupons that can be accepted in Web POS as a payment method. These coupons include the following information: Issuing company code, coupon number, expiration date and amount.
These coupons can be used to pay a positive ticket, but cannot be used to pay a returned (or negative) ticket.
Installation and configuration
To use this functionality the Digital Coupons for Retail module needs to be installed.
To configure a payment method to accept digital coupons, the field Is digital coupon has to be checked in the tab Payment Method of the window POS Terminal Type. This field activates the dialogs to register digital coupons when in the Web POS the payment method button is pressed.
Digital coupons are issued by issuing companies, this list of issuing companies whose digital coupons are accepted as payment have to be created in the window Issuing Company.
The fields to be filled in are:
- Code: The code that identifies this issuing company.
- Name: The name of the issuing company that appears in the selector
- Image: An image to identify the issuing company that appears in the selector
- Description: A free text description for the issuing company
Accounts Tab: In this tab Financial Accounts for Issuing Companies are configured. It is only possible to add one Financial Account per Organization (Store). If a financial account is added in this tab all payments created using selected Issuing Company coupons will be created against this financial account instead against the one configured in the POS Terminal Payment Method.
The fields to be filled in the tab are:
- Organization (Store): Store for which the financial account has to be configured.
- Financial Account: Financial Account for payments of digital coupons of the Issuing Company selected.
Sub Type Tab: Some digital coupon standards allow to define sub types for each issuing company. Those subtypes must have a different code to the other subtypes of the issuing company.
The fields that a sub type has are.
- Code: The code that identifies this sub type
- Name: The name of the sub type that appears in the selector
- Image: An image to identify the sub type that appears in the selector
- Description: A free text description for the sub type
Once a payment method has been configured as Digital Coupon, there are several ways to open/activate the dialog to add Digital Coupons to the ticket:
- Click on the payment method button in Web POS.
- Enter an amount and click on the payment method button in Web POS.
- Click on the Pay Exact Amount button.
Clicking on the payment method button will open the following dialog:
If an amount has been entered previously, the Amount field will be already filled with that amount. If the Pay Exact Amount button has been used, then the Amount field will show the remaining to pay of the ticket.
The following fields are required to add Digital Coupons to a ticket:
- Issuing Company: The company issuing the ticket
- Sub Type: The sub type is mandatory only if the selected issuing company has any sub type defined. Otherwise, the field is hidden in the popup (see previous image)
- Check Number: A number to identify the coupon
- Amount: The amount of the coupon to be added to the ticket
- Expiration Date: Date until which the coupon will be valid.
If any field has wrong values, or the coupon has already expired, an error popup will appear when the user clicks on Add, and the coupon will not be added as a payment.
Payments added through Digital Coupons popup will be splitted by Payment Method, Issuing Company and subtype (if available).
From the modal to add coupons, the user can click on the View List button to change the modal view, and have a look at the list of added coupons for the current payment method. From this new modal it will also be possible to remove currently added coupons.
Verifying coupon information in backend
Once the ticket containing coupons as payments is paid and synchronized, added coupons can be seen on the Payment In window in backend, under the Digital Coupons subtab: