This module provides dunning functionality. Dunning is the process of methodically communicating with customers to ensure the collection of payments.
- Module Name: org.openbravo.financial.dunningletters
- Module Description: This module provides dunning functionality. Dunning is the process of methodically communicating with customers to ensure the collection of payments.
- Module Help: The dunning letters module is a methodological approach to request the collection of overdue payments. It consists of:
- Ability to define a list of different dunning statuses based on the days in arrears.
- Automatic transition of payment plans based on its definition.
- Ability to manually change the status (authorized to privileged users)
- Automatic notification (email, alerts) to the customer and to controllers
- Ability to print formal letters for an overdue payment depending on its status
- Ability to query and report payments based on its dunning status.
- Dataset Description: this module includes a dataset which creates::
- a set of dunning policies
- the policies included in the dataset are all set as not user maintained. To set them to user maintained, the user has to put one of the roles to them.
- a dunning work flow
- a set of dunning policies
- License: Openbravo Commercial License
- Category : Openbravo ERP
- Code: https://code.openbravo.com/erp/pmods/org.openbravo.financial.dunningletters/
This module is available on openbravo forge here.
The QA test script can be found here.
The dunning module makes use of the Activiti BPM module which is available on the forge here.
Original design features:
- Ability to define the dunning flow: dunning states, events to start, transition and finish the flow depending on the state, actions to be executed in each transition (eg. send an email, create an alert, put a customer in credit hold, etc.).
- Define and implement basic dunning flow: start dunning after x days of overdue, start dunning when an automated payment fails, send an email to the customer when dunning gets state X, create an alert for some users when dunning gets state Y. An authorized user can stop any dunning flow at any stage.
- It should be possible to report all transtions and actions during the dunning flow
- Credit management (eg. put the customer on credit hold) is out of scope, but it will be trivial to extend the solution to implement it
- Notifications will be managed automatically. Two types of automatic notifications will be available: email (for customers) and alerts (for users).
In the future the dunning module can be extended with 2 widgets:
- An operational widget to show all documents in different dunning statuses (with filters by dunning state, customer, etc.)
- An analytic widget to show dunning efficiency (evolution on time of the percentage of documents reaching each dunning state)
Several improvements for the current dunning module are being discussed as part of this issue: https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=19930