Projects:Editable Payment Plan/User Manual
Payment montitor has been modified, so some fields are new, and one has been re-labeled:
- The field Days Till Due is now labeled as Days Till Next Due, as it shows the amount of days, starting from today, for the closest due date of the ones in the payment plan. In case the invoice is fully paid, field is not shown.
- The field Percentage Paid Late shows the rate of money that was paid/withdrawn in a later date than the one set in the archived payment plan. If no amount of the invoice was paid or withdrawn, the field is not shown.
- The field Paid in Full Date shows the day in which the invoice was 100% paid/withdrawn. If the invoice has not been fully paid, the field is not shown.
- The field Days to Pay in Full shows the amount of days between the invoice date, and the Final Settlement Date. If the invoice has not been fully paid, the field is not shown.
Editable Payment Plan
Once the invoice is processed, the payment plan is created automatically, according to the payment terms defined in the invoice header. Also the archived payment plan is created, with same information than the actual one. Payment Plan and Archived Payment Plan tabs show both plans.
In case there exists any outstanding amount for the invoice, there exists the possibility to create a new version of the payment plan, pressing the button "Modify Payment Plan".
If the button is pressed, a grid shows all the non fully paid lines of the actual payment plan (if the invoice was fully paid, the button is not even shown). In this grid, user is able to reset the amounts and due dates of the current payment plan lines. Even new lines can be created, and existing ones deleted.
Once the new values are set by the user, there exists two options:
- Create a new version of the payment plan: will modify the actual payment plan, according to the information provided by the user. This will NOT affect at all the archived payment plan information.
- Update also the archived payment plan: in addition to the the actual payment plan modification, also the archived payment plan will be modified, according to the information provided by the user. This option will only be possible in case there is no amount paid for the invoice.
There exists two restrictions that new payment plan must met:
- The sum of the amounts for the new payment plan lines must be the same than the sum of amounts for the modified payment plan lines.
- If the amount of a payment plan line that has been partially paid is modified, new amount must be equal to, or higher than, the already paid amount.
Both restrictions are checked every time a cell is edited, and submit buttons are not available unless all the amounts are correct: