Projects:Expired Points BURN Rule/User Guide
What is a loyalty rule?
In loyalty programs:
- Earn rules allow to earn points based on the processing of transactions
- Burn rules allow to burn points into different outputs (money, cheques, discounts, gifts, ...) depending on the burning mechanism/algorithm
- Category rules will allow user to move from one level to another based on a defined mechanism/algorithm.
This module provides a new BURN rule. This rule can be configured to determine the expiration date for existing available points. When run, this rule burns all points older than the expiration date. Those points will no longer be available for the subscriber as will be considered expired.
Negative points are not being considered
When burned, those points generate no output, those just expire.
Where can the rule be found?
Loyalty rules are defined in the BackOffice inside EARN Rule Type, BURN Rule Type and category Rule Type windows. These are source data windows and those are just available when logged as system administrator
As Expired Points is an BURN Rule, this one will be registered under BURN Rule Type window.
How to configure the rule
Loyalty Program window
BURN rules are configured inside Loyalty Program and BURN Run windows. BURN rules are always defined for loyalty Programs, then those definitions can later be used in BURN Run window to prepare massive burning processes.
To configure this rule you should create a new register under the desired loyalty program, and provide the required configuration.
There are two different types available when configuring the rule:
- Fix Date: when selected, a limit date can be provided to determine the expiration date.
- Number of Days: points older than the given number of days will expire.