Projects:Financial Reports Review/General Ledger Journal
- Not all the parameters are listed in the output. If I generate the report, print it and store it for archival, when I get back to it, it would be nice to know which parameters I used to print this report. This is a generic comment that I made for the Vendor Invoice Report as well and it applies to all reports. A report should always have a cover page with the report parameters.
- The output takes a lot of space, both in PDF and in Excel:
- Why do we use giant sized fonts?
- Why do we repeat the header on every entry? In Excel, just having it once at the top would be enough. In PDF just having it once every page would be enough.
- In Excel, having all of these headers make the report less useful: it is not as easy to sum up data and apply functions in general.
- In Excel, we use a font so large that Date does not fit in its cell.
- The terminology is not consistent between the HTML output and the PDF/Excel. In the HTML output, we use "Journal entry", in the PDF/Excel we use "Entry"
- In standard 2.50 there is a parameter called "Inital page". What is that? It does not seem to have any effect on the results of the report. That parameter does not exist in OB@OB.
- The totals are missing.