This is a brand new demo data set but it is built to preserve consistency with the previous one, so existing Openbravo users will find it very easy to use it. In particular:
- The sample company continues to be F&B International Group, with a subsidiary in Spain and one in the United States.
- The set of customers and suppliers remain the same.
- The set of products also remain the same.
- The new data set delivers the following main improvements:
- The transactions have been updated to be in current periods. This makes it easy to demonstrate the reports and analysis capabilities of the product.
- The data set represents a complete company history, starting with the creation of the company in January 2011, a full year of activity in 2011 and transactions up to the last month.
We have setup a process to ensure that the data is always updated and we will continuously update the data set to ensure that there are always transactions up to the last month, simulating regular business activity.
- The organization structure has been changed so that the consolidation now happens in USD instead of EUR.
- We have improved the accounting configuration for the US organization and it now includes a fully configured P&L and Balance Sheet.
- We have improved the sales tax configuration for the US organizations.
- We have corrected several other incorrect configurations.