Projects:GenericTreeReport Functional Specification
Overview & Justification
The purpose of this document is to describe the Functional Specifications for an extension module to be developed in OB ERP version 2.50 called Generic Tree Report.
Generic Tree Report is intended to provide a report that show the tree representation/hierarchical relationship among the records in a selected table.
- 1. To create a report that renders the tree/hierarchical view among the records in a specified table.
In order to implement the functionality, the following high level technical requirements are needed.
- 1. Two different windows are to be new developed.
- 1.1 Generic Tree Report Setup window - The following fields are to be added in this window
Report Name : (Text Box has to be provided) Table : (Drop down box to be provided with all the table names) Parent ID Column : (Drop down box to be provided with all column names corresponding to the table we selected) Is Summary Column : (Drop down box to be provided with all column names corresponding to the table we selected) Parent ID Column : (Drop down box to be provided with all column names corresponding to the table we selected)
- 1.2 Generic Tree Report window - The following fields are to be added in this window along with "Print Report" button on toolbar.
Report Name: (Dropdown box populated with all report names created in Generic Tree Report Setup window.
- 2. Need to create a new table that holds all the tree reports.
- 3. Need to write a stored procedure that returns list of trees present in a table and takes the report id as input,
- 4. Based on the result from stored procedure, render the tree output using JRXML. (see the sample report at Assumptions section)
Assumptions & Dependencies
The following example shows the sample record set of C_TAX table.
|100001||VAT 16% + Withholding 20%||Y||-|
|100002||VAT 4% + Withholding 15%||Y||-|
And the Report should be rendered as depicted below.
- VAT 16% + Withholding 20%
- VAT 16%
- Withholding 20%
- VAT 4% + Withholding AB - 15%
- VAT 4%
- Withholding AB - 15%
- Withholding A - 10%
- Withholding B - 5%