Projects:GiftCertificate BURN Rule for Web POS/User Guide
What is a loyalty rule?
In loyalty programs:
- Earn rules allow to earn points based on the processing of transactions
- Burn rules allow to burn points into different outputs (money, cheques, discounts, gifts, ...) depending on the burning mechanism/algorithm
- Category rules will allow user to move from one level to another based on a defined mechanism/algorithm.
This module provides a new BURN rule which generates discount coupons. This rule can be both used to:
- Be Executed Manually: This rule can be configured at loyalty program level and applies to any existing loyalty category. This configuration is the one being used for manual execution / burning.
- Be Executed in Scheduled Process: BURN rules can as well be configured in Burn Run Window. This configuration will be later consumed by the background process at the scheduled date/time to compute the discount coupons and consume the loyalty points.
Where can the rule be found?
Loyalty rules are defined in the BackOffice inside EARN Rule Type, BURN Rule Type and category Rule Type windows. These are source data windows and those are just available when logged as system administrator
As this is an BURN Rule, it should be registered under BURN Rule Type window.