Projects:Gift Cards in WebPOS/User Guide
To operate with new Gift Cards type is necessary configure Web POS Terminal in ERP.
Gift Cards Reason / Type
Navigate to Gift Cards Reason / Type window and create necessary records for your requirements. Gift Card Reason is being used when creating a gift card Certificate.
Fill out the following fields:
- Organization: Organization
- G/L Item: G/L Item where are recorded financial transactions
- Name: Name of category
- Payment Method: Payment method used for the gift cards of this type, this payment method must be the same to used for configure Payment Type in Web POS.
- Only for this org: Gift cards can used only for this organization or not
- One time use: The gift card can use only one time and it is closed automatically.
- Reimbursed: The gift card can be reimbursed.
- Has Owner: The gift card has nominal owner
- Print Gift Card: Indicate if gift card is printed
- Print Gift Card Template: Template used for print the gift card
Organization - Cash Management Events
Navigate to Organization window and select store to configure the cash management event to Reimburse as follows:
Navigate to POS Terminal window and select POS Terminal Type to configure a new Payment Type.
It's very important fill out following fields as follow:
- Search Key: Set value to OBPOS_payment.giftcard
- Name: Name of payment type
- Payment Method: Create a new payment method (see the next figure).
- Financial Account: Create a new financial account. The financial account used should be defined either in store or in Legal Entity. Choose this last option to be able to manage gift cards used in cross store operations. Once financial account has been created add gift card payment method as an available payment method for the financial account.
- Cash up Event: Leave this field empty. There is no need to set any value.
The next figure shown Payment Method:
Check the following values:
- Search Key: Set value to OBPOS_payment.giftcard
- Payment Method: Select the same Payment Method used for Gift Cards Reason / Type
- G/L Item for Writeoff: Define a G/L item to be used to writeoff. This will never be used but is a mandatory field.
- Cash Differences: Define a G/L item to be used to book differences. This GL Item should never be required as there should not be any differences using gift card payment method.
- G/L Item for Cash Drop/Deposit: Define a G/L Item to be used to book Drops and Deposits. This G/L item will only be used in case of reimbursing a credit note.
Gift Cards can used in tree places in Web POS.
- Create Gift Card
- Used Gift Card to pay a receipt
- Reimbursed a Gift Card
Create: Gift Certificate
To create Gift Cards use menu option Gift Certificate as show in next figure
The following dialog is opened:
Fill the following fields:
- Gift Card Category: Card category, is read from Gift Cards Reason / Type (Mandatory)
- Creation date: Current date (Read only)
- Customer: The gift card owner. This field is mandatory when Gift Card Category/Reason is marked as Has Owner if not the field is hidden.
- Expiration date: Expiration date for card (Mandatory)
- Amount: Amount of card (Mandatory)
After Apply button is pushed a new Gift Card Certificate is created as shown in the following figure:
When Gift Card Reason is flagged as Only for this Org the gift card instance is created using Store organization. When reason is configured as cross store the organization used is the Legal Entity.
At this point a Gift Card Certificate is created using a payment for the selected amount, and using the G/L Item configured for the selected gift card reason as shown in the following figure:
Pay using a Gift Certificate
A gift Card can be used to pay a ticket as any other payment method in Web POS.
Create a receipt and go to payment panel, select Gift Card or press button More... if can not see it. You can pay a complete receipt or make a partial payment.
Once Gift Card payment method as been selected, a new dialog is displayed to enter a Gift Card number. When the number is entered a new dialog is displayed showing gift card details (button Details). To proceed with payment use button Apply.
- Gift Card operations require an online connection to update current balance of the gift card. Remember gift cards can be operated from different terminals so we need to update current balance in a centralized way.
After the payment process is completed and the receipt is synchronized with ERP, a gift card transaction is created in the ERP as shown in the following figure:
In Gift Card Instance window the current balance is updated for the gift card and a transaction is made for the amount of the received payment. Payment information is explained in the following figure:
Reimbursed: Gift Certificate
To reimburse a Gift Card open a cash management dialog from the menu (Menu option: Cash Management). Press button Gift Card Reimbursed and enter the card number, as you see in next figure.
Press Details to see further info of the gift card. Press Apply to proceed with the reimburse. All the remaining amount for the selected gift card will be reimbursed.
Note: Gift Cards can just be reimbursed when Gift Card category has been properly configured (see Reimburse flag in Gift Card Reason/Type window).
After the Apply button is pushed, a new line is added to Cash Management. Done button needs to be pushed to complete operation. If cancel button is pressed changes will not be aplied. See following figure:
After the Cash Management is finished, you can find in the ERP all trace of reimburse operation.
The following figure shows the Gift Card closed with current balance set to zero and two transactions, one for order payment (18.90) and other for reimbursed (31.10).
The following figure shows the payment detail for the reimbursed transaction.
The reimbursed have been involves two operations: a payment in (see at previous figure) and a payment out, to see it is necessary go to Pos Terminal window, select the terminal used to do the operation and select in tab Cash Up History the last Cash Up.
And select tab Payment Method Status Cashup for Cash payment method and you can see in tab Payment Method CashUp Events the drop operation.
Finally you can see the transaction detail in the following figure:
In this section it is explained how it has to be configured Openbravo ERP in order to print the new type of Gift Cards.
Two new fields are added in Reason Type window:
- Print Gift Card: If selected the Gift Card will be printed.
- Print Template: Template to be printed.
It is allowed to print a regular ticket (.xml) or a PDF report (.jrxml).
The template must be created and configured properly. How to create templates
The module contains an .xml template by default defined in Pos Print Templates window named 'Default Gift Card Template'.
Three print processes have been added, they will only trigger if in the Category Reason definition is checked the Print Gift Card field and the Template has been added:
1.- When the Gift Card is created from Gift Card Certificate menu entry it will automatically be printed.
2.- On the Gift Card Details popup a Print button has been added.
3.- When a ticket is closed making a payment of a 'Gift Card' payment method.
The template included in the module looks like: