Projects:Gift Certificate BURN Rule/User Guide
What is a loyalty rule?
In loyalty programs:
- Earn rules allow to earn points based on the processing of transactions
- Burn rules allow to burn points into different outputs (money, cheques, discounts, gifts, ...) depending on the burning mechanism/algorithm
- Category rules will allow user to move from one level to another based on a defined mechanism/algorithm.
This module provides a new BURN rule which generates gift certificates. This rule can be both used to:
- Be Executed Manually: This rule can be configured at loyalty program level and applies to any existing loyalty category. This configuration is the one being used for manual execution / burning.
- Be Executed in Scheduled Process: BURN rules can as well be configured in Burn Run Window. This configuration will be later consumed by the background process at the scheduled date/time to compute the gift certificates and consume the loyalty points.
Where can the rule be found?
Loyalty rules are defined in the BackOffice inside EARN Rule Type, BURN Rule Type and category Rule Type windows. This are source data windows and those are just available when logged as system administrator.
As this one is a BURN rule, it should be configured under BURN Rule Type window.
How to configure the rule
Loyalty Program window
BURN rules are configured inside Loyalty Program window. BURN rules are defined for an specific loyalty program, under BURN Rules tab, this means are shared among all loyalty program subscribers.
Burn Run window
BURN rules can as well be configured inside Burn Run window. Burn process can be scheduled to be run periodically. This executions are configured in the Burn Run Window. Existing BURN rules can be configured in this screen for that background process. There is as well a mechanism to copy a previous Burn Run and the related configuration. Once the Burn Run record is set as ready, the background process will take them into account.
A new configuration tab will be displayed bellow the BURN rule definition. This tab can be used to deploy the rule configuration:
There are four new mandatory fields required to configure the rule:
- Category: This field is used to define the gift certificate category.
- Financial Account: This is the financial account used to generate the payment behind the gift certificate. It as well defines the currency to be used when generating the gift certificate.
- Sequence: This is the sequence to be used to generate the gift certificate document numbers.
- Min. Points: This is the minimum required number of points needed to be able to generate a gift certificate (by default 0).
Burning of Points
When points are burned for a given subscription, system, using the defined conversion, will determine the amount for the gift certificate in the currency defined by the financial account in the configuration tab. To determine the amount based on a number of points, conversion defined will be used.