Projects:High Volume Continuous Build Test Environment
As part of the enabling of the OB Retail solution for high volume environments the goal of this project is to create a continuous build environment which tests OB Commerce in a environment with a large volume of master data.
The tasks for this project are:
- create scripts/sample data to load the database with:
- 1 million products
- 2 million product prices
- 10000 product categories
- 100 product characteristics, 10 values each, each product has 3 char values
- 2 million business partners
- 10 million orders with each 2 lines
- identify the tests to run and enable them for high volume preference
- extend the tests to check performance, test that the system reacts in an adequate time, search queries should return in less than 0.5 seconds
- also enable modules and modules testing for this environment
- work together with release management to provide them with the scripts/sample data to create the instance, guide them what tests/ant target can be called to run the testcases
The result should be a weekly performance build/job which runs a subset of the functional tests for retail proper (ret-test) and retail extension modules (ret-test-modules) for both Oracle and Postgres.
- High volume enabled test for extension modules are listed in this source code class.
- High volume test cases for standard retail are listed in this source code class.