Projects:Limit for approvals for count differences in initial cash count and cash up/Functional Specifications
Approval system enhancement for cash up and initial count processes, adding the possibility of specifying differences limits for each payment method before asking for an approval.
Modifications are done in the following modules:
- Web POS
- POS Terminals Session Management
It should be possible to establish a differences limit, under which limit the system would not ask for an approval. As the only payment method for the count is cash, the limit should only be configured for this payment method.
The approval should also ask for a reason of the difference. This reason should be a value that comes from a table, not a free text box.
In the cashup process, a lot of different payment method intervene. It should be possible to establish difference limits for each payment method separately.
Also, a global difference should be able to be configured. Even payment method by payment method, no limits are reached, it may be possible that the global limit is reached.
- If one payment method difference is reached, the approval popup should clearly state the reason why is asking the approval. The approver should select a reason from a combo. Not free text.
- If more than one payment method and/or the global difference limit is reached, only a popup should appear clearly stating all the reasons that match, but only asking for an approver reason.
Back office traceability
In order to be able to clearly see the differences approvals and the reasons, suggestion is to show this in the backend in TErminals and till status window (till details tab) and in POS Terminal window (payment method status cashup tab)
Create a preference in the backend: OBPOS_approval.cashupdifferences (Web POS Cash Up Differences Approval) for the approval process
- Organization: Add a new field (EM_Obpos_Count_Diff_Limit) to store a limit for global cash up differences.
- Payment Method (POS Terminal Type): Add the following fields
- Count_Diff_Limit (Web POS): To store a cash up limit for each payment method type.
- EM_Poss_Count_Diff_Limit (POS Terminals Session Management): To store a initial limit for each payment method type.
- OBPOS_Approval_Reason: Create a new table to store approval reason. With the following fields:
When are doing the initial count before opening the store if difference exceed initial count difference limit for Cash payment method then ask for approval and ask too for a approval reason from table OBPOS_Approval_Reason
Note: As the only payment method for the count is cash, the limit should only be configured for this payment method.
When are doing the cashup process, is necessary validate the difference for each payment mehtod, if some limit is excceded then ask for approval reason for it.
Also check if global limit is exceeded, is necessary ask for approval reason.