- Stage: Implemented
- Planned Release: MP12
- Developer Documentation: How_to_create_a_Manual_UI_Process
- Platform Team - Contact: User:Alostale
New Process Definition is currently used to support Pick and Execute processes. This is going to be extended for 2 new UI Patterns: Manual and Standard. Standard will support Parameter Windows and Manual will support Manual processes.
This project defines latter case. Which is the replacement in new architecture for 2.50 Manual processes implemented by a Servlet.
Users & use cases
- These processes can be included as fields in generated windows and are displayed in toolbar as right side (orange) buttons.
- Optionally, this kind of process can be Multi record, allowing in this case to be executed for the set of currently selected records.
- Multi record manual process will not support adding a list reference to the column to change the name based on the current value. This limitation is due different records might have different values for the column with the button reference.
- First stage of this implementation will not support direct invocation from menu, just in window button invocation.
- Manual UI Pattern Process Definition is implemented by
OBUIAPP_Processtable, currently used for Pick and Execute processes.
- In this case mandatory
classnamecolumn will contain the name of the JavaScritp method implementing the process, instead of the java ActionHandler that implements Pick and Execute.
- To have access to context, this method will receceive as parameter current vindow as well as the button invoking it (which includes the view containg it, being possible to access to selected records).
- In case of multi-record processes:
- Display logic for Multi Record processes should be taken into account values of all selected records. Displaying the button only in case the button should be displayed for all selected records.
- Read only logic for Multi Record processes should be taken into account values of all selected records. Being editable the button only in case it should be editable for all selected records.
User experience design
Test plan is defined in TestLink under 3.0 Test Suite > Process Definition > Manual UI Process