This document contains the test plan for the mass invoicing functionality. The purpose of the mass invoicing function is to facilitate generation of a set of invoices on the basis of a template and for several business partners in one process.
The module consists of two distinct parts:
- defining and maintaining invoice templates and invoice template lines.
- a wizard-like flow which supports selecting an invoice template and other information and then generate the invoices.
This test plan describes the two parts separately.
The functionality described here generates sales invoices. This means that the test system should have a minimal set of data available for creating sales invoices.
The test cases should be done with a user who is authorized to create and post invoices.
Test Case: Maintaining Invoice Template
The first part covers the creation of invoice templates and lines. The created invoice templates and lines are used in the wizard.
The menu options for the invoice template can be found in Sales Management > Setup menu.
- Summary: create an invoice template
- login as Openbravo/openbravo in the role of Openbravo Admin
- click on the menu-item 'Invoice Template' and then the new button
- enter a name and description and select a value for the other fields
- validate that a change in the organization field results in an update of the document type.
- click save
- validate that the invoice template is correctly saved.
- Summary: create multiple invoice lines
- open an invoice template
- click on the invoice template lines link in the top
- click on the new button
- check that the line number is correct (should 10 + highest latest number of a line in the same invoice)
- select a description and product
- try invalid values in the price and quantity fields
- enter a correct price and quantity
- select a tax
- click save
- repeat this a few times so that the invoice header has multiple lines.
- repeat the above steps a few times to create a test set for the next tests
- create invoice templates for different organizations
- create invoice templates which are inactive, without lines, and with a few inactive lines
Test Case: Creating invoices, the wizard
This part of the tests use the invoice templates created in the first step.
The menu option for the mass invoicing function can be found in Sales Management > Transactions menu.
The create/generate invoice wizard consists of 3 steps:
- Select business partner, organization, invoice date and template, select the invoice template lines and set global price and quantity information.
- Select invoice lines by business partner, set quantity/price per line-business partner combination.
- Generate invoices (after confirmation), a result page is displayed.
Page 1 Steps:
- login as Openbravo/openbravo and as the role: Openbravo Admin
- click on the link massinvoicing
- select an organization
- check that changing the organization changes the content of the template select list
- check the content of the template listbox:
- the template list should only display templates accessible from the selected organization
- only active templates should be displayed
- only templates with active lines are displayed
- enter an invoice date, try different (illegal formats)
- select a template, check that the invoice template lines are correctly displayed (correct product and quantity)
- try different (de-)select actions on the lines and change quantities, see the total being recomputed.
On page 1 the following checks should work (when clicking next):
- if the template has a price list then the selected business partners must have the same price list
- the business partner must have an invoice address
- the business partner must be accessible from the selected organization (bp's organization must belong to the natural tree of the selected organization)
- selected lines should have both price and quantity set, in the correct format
- organization, business partner, template, invoice date are mandatory
- at least one line should be selected
Press next to move to the next page
Page 2 Steps:
- check that the lines from page 1 are repeated/shown for each selected business partner.
- select that all selected lines from step 1 are also shown as selected in this page, also the (manually changed) price/quantity should be the same as on page 1.
- check that the organization and invoice date from the previous page
- press the previous button and check that the page 1 again has all the entered information restored.
- go back to page 2 (press next)
- try different (de-)selections of lines, change price and quantity fields
- check that the system controls that at least one line is selected
- check that price and quantity are correctly formatted.
- as the next step click the generate button
- a popup window is shown, click cancel, check that the previous window is still correctly displayed
- click generate again and now click ok/generate
Page 3 Steps:
- the generation result is shown. Check that indeed the correct list of invoices (1 per business partner is shown)
- click on the links for each invoice and check that the information of the invoice corresponds to the invoice template and business partner:
- header: description, document type, price list (can also be taken from bp), form of payment, payment rule, location (should be invoice-to address of the bp)
- line level; the product, quantity and price (as set in the wizard, tax on line level
- check that there are only invoices and invoice lines for the selected bp's and invoice template lines
Repeat the above for several different templates and selections