Projects:Mobile Warehouse Operations/User Guide
This project implements and enhances the management of warehouse operations using the Openbravo Mobile Technology. This project has several phases depending on the movements implemented. Up to now only first phase has been implemented
- PHASE I: Features implemented
- Develop the mobile technology to create mobile applications
- Ability to define the menu for warehouse operations
- Ability to create Goods movements
- This configuration is done in the backend
- Search for Mobile Warehouse Menu
- The menu will be created at client level and (*) org level that's why both fields are not shown
- For each menu entry you can define:
- Menu entry name: The name of the menu entry
- Sequence number: To position the menu entries within the corresponding "folder" (within the tree)
- Parent Menu Entry: The parent node of the node the user is creating
- Summary level: Whether the node is summary or not. If it is not marked then Window Type field is shown
- Warehouse: The warehouse for that specific movement
- Window type: Or movement type. This field allows the user to define the movement. For example: Goods movement
- Every child node inherits the information of his parent, that is, if the parent node has the warehouse defined there is no need to add again the same warehouse for the rest of its child nodes
Configuration of goods movements
When the Window Type is set as Goods movements several other fields are shown allowing to have a flexible configuration:
- Bin From: Defines a default storage bin when using the mobile app
- Bin From Read Only: Whether the bin can be editable or not when using the mobile app
- Bin To: Defines a default storage bin when using the mobile app
- Bin To Read Only: Whether the bin can be editable or not when using the mobile app
Depending on the configuration you can have different menu entries:
- A generic menu entry where the user can select any storage bin
- A specific menu entry where the Bin From is already filled so the warehouse worker doesn't need to enter it by default
- A specific menu entry where the Bin From is already filled and cannot be changed meaning that the warehouse worker always takes the items from the same bin
- A specific menu entry where the Bin From and Bin To are already filled and cannot be changed. Typically movement for manufacturing where goods are moved from the raw material (Bin From) bin to the machine (Bin To)
The way a user will see a menu entry in the mobile app depends on the warehouse defined in the node and the role the user has access to. Starting from MP17 quantity on hand warehouses needs to be defined in the Organization window
So if the user has a role that has access to an organization where the quantity on hand warehouse is the same as the one defined in the node of the menu then the user will see this menu entry when login into the mobile app.
If the role assigned to the user is a manual one, the user needs to set a preference in order to be able to see the menu.
- In the case of Goods Movements the preference is 'Warehouse Mobile Good Movements'
- In the case of Picking the preference is 'Allow to access to Mobile Picking window'
- In the case of Warehouse Operations is 'Mobile Physical Inventory Access'
All of these preferences should be set to 'Y'
Mobile User Interface
Go to URL "IP/Context/web/org.openbravo.mobile.warehouse". For example: http://localhost/openbravo/web/org.openbravo.mobile.warehouse
This is similar to WebPOS login page. You can see at the left side of the screen all the users that can login into the app. Clicking on the picture and typing the password you will login
In this screenshots you can see the menu and its sub-menus. Just clicking in the menu you can move to its children. Clicking ...Back you move to previous screen
How to create a Goods Movements
Once the user clicks the menu entry the system shows the screen where to start creating the goods movement:
- The interface guides the end user all the time on how to create the document.
- After tapping (*) it creates the header
To create the lines the user needs to slide the screen to the left. There are three fields to fill. Every of these fields can be entered either using a barcode reader scanner or manually searching
In the Warehouse and Storage bin window every storage bin can have its UPC/EAN defined
- Product: In the Product window every product can have its UPC/EAN defined
- Using a barcode reader scanner it automatically retrieves the product
- Tapping the product field a popup gets opened and the user can easily find the product
- After selecting the product the system retrieves the quantity and the storage bin (From Bin)
- From Bin: It is retrieved by the system after selecting the product
- To Bin: Tapping the field a popup gets opened and the user can easily find the bin
To change the quantity, the user needs to type the new quantity and press the button Quantity
Once all the lines are entered and everything is ready the user can complete the Goods Movement clicking the button Done