The MyOB module provides a customizable home/start page with widgets which can be customized by the user. The widgets in the home/start page are provided by modules and are enabled by role.
The widgets can differ by role and user. For a sales role, sales oriented widgets maybe more relevant while for a management position widgets which show performance indicators are more relevant.
The MyOB module will make it possible to:
- a home page which is opened as a default,
- define standard MyOB widgets which are displayed in the MyOB home page of a User. Widgets are enabled by role.
- for a user to configure the layout of the MyOB page and to determine which widgets are shown where.
- Server side logic which provides the widgets to the main MyOB page
- The main MyOB page which visualizes the widgets and also provides an easy way to hide/show widgets in MyOB. The MyOB page should store its state and restore it when the user opens the MyOB page again.
- The user should be able to delete and also open the MyOB tab from the navigation bar.
The MyOB Widget
The MyOB page can show multiple widgets which show various types of information. As an example some of the these types are displayed here:
- a widget can show the content of a web page which is available on the internet, so the widget definition consists of the url of the page which should be shown.
- a variant of the previous one is to use parameters or data from the system to create the url. For example business partner information from Openbravo can be used to read information available on the internet for that business partner.
- a data-driven widget can read information from the database and execute a small template for each record it reads. The template creates html.
The main functionality of a MyOB widget is that it can read information from the database using a query and then display the result using html. The requested information can be a single record (single occurence) or multiple records which can be shown in a grid.
The query output is visualized using a html like template.
Other visualization aspects
Each MyOb widget has other aspects which are important for visualization:
- width and height: the widget will have an initial width and height defined
- position (x and y) within the MyOB window: also the x and y position is
- hide/show: if the widget should be shown or hidden initially
- refresh interval: as data may change it can make sense to refresh the content of a widget at preset times. Therefor a refresh interval is set here.
Widgets defined by user or role.
This module is part of new user interface developments by Openbravo for Openbravo 3.0. The Openbravo 3.0 developers guide can be found here.