Projects:OTF Coupons/User Guide
Coupons on the fly are those coupons generated, according to predetermined conditions, at the time of sale. These coupons add a discount on the total of the amount and, in Openbravo, they will be related to a promotion.
The configuration is made in the Openbravo backend in two windows:
- Configuration of the conditions of the creation: The rules are defined of which, at the time of the sale, a coupon is generated and with what characteristics.
- Configuration of conditions of use: The standard window of promotions and discounts is used to define in what conditions the coupon can be used.
In the Openbravo ERP, navigate to the window: OTF Coupons Generation Rules to define the conditions of the creation.
The following fields will be filled:
- Applicant: It will be used to indicate the employee who applied for the OTF promotion. It is an informative field without consequences in the creation of coupons. Your goal is to have control over who has made the request.
- Search Key: A search key allows for a fast method of finding a particular record.
- Promotion/Discount: Selector where the promotions marked OTF coupon will appear. This field will serve as a link between the conditions for generating coupons, that is, the rules from which a coupon will be generated and the conditions for using coupons, that is, the rules from which a coupon can be used. .
- Description: Information about the promotion with the aim of summarizing the promotion in a text.
- Request date: The day on which the OTF promotion request was made is indicated. It is an informative field that has no consequences in the creation of coupons. Your goal is to have control over when requests are made.
- Starting Date: The date from which the coupons of the promotion may be generated.
- Ending Date: The date from which the coupons for the promotion will no longer be generated.
- Is one coupon per transaction:
- If it is not checked: if the rule is met "n" times, a coupon will be generated
- If checked: If the rule is met n times, "n" coupons will be generated.
- Is variable coupon: Indicates if the promotion related to the coupon will have variable amount, meaning that the amount will be generated based on the items sold in the transaction that generates the coupon. In this case the promotion header will also need to be selected, based on a promotion defined as “Is Variable OTF Coupon”. If this flag is checked “One Coupon per transaction” flag must also be checked.
- Discount %: Percentage used to calculate the amount of variable coupons.
- Min. Receipt Amount: The minimum total amount from which the coupon will be generated.
- Min. Quantity: Minimum quantity of product units from which the coupon will be generated.
- Filter Options: They work in the same way as standard Discounts and Promotions.
Availability of coupon generation: They work in the same way as standard Discounts and Promotions.
For the selected products, the following tabs are available (works as Discounts and Promotions):
- Business Partner Category
- Product Category
When you select a generation rule, the following buttons are displayed to help you define the product selection criteria:
- Add Organizations: Pick and Execute window for the selection of the organization
- Add Product Categories: Pick and Execute window for the selection of the categories
- Add Products: Pick and Execute window for the selection of the products
The other Print tab is used to define the texts to print the coupon in WebPOS.
The following fields will be filled:
- Language ID
- Print Title
- Print Text
- Print Description
The OTF Coupon Generation Rules are automatically applied when you close and pay for the ticket. If the ticket complies with some rules, the coupons are generated and printed.