Projects:Openbravo POS Reports Model/Functional Specification
This project change the model of reports of the application to allow developers to easily add new reports and charts and modify existing reports.
The scope of this project is to be able to create new reports, add parameter panels, and add these new reports to the menu.
As a proof of concept, the current reports and charts must be ported to the new model. This way, the current reports and chart should be easily configurable as new reports.
The new reports will be based on the current report engine used by Openbravo POS: Jasper reports. And reports will be based and will have the same structure and capabilities of the current report and charts.
The tool proposed to design new reports is iReport
This feature will depend on the current report functionality and menu structure.
- Design and modify reports using iReport.
- Add parameter edition to reports
- Add the execution of new reports to menu
- Menus and submenus configurable with a resource record.
- Report definition files and report parameters configured in a folder.