Projects:POS/2.30.2 Release Notes
What is Openbravo POS 2.30.2
Openbravo POS 2.30.2 is a maintenance release of Openbravo POS featuring defects fixes. Openbravo POS 2.30.2 is the latest release of the leading open source POS solution.
How to get Openbravo POS
Openbravo POS 2.30.2 is available for download in Sourceforge.net: OpenbravoPOS: Files. And the packages provided are:
- Openbravo POS application
- openbravopos-2.30.2-windows-installer.exe. The installer for all Windows platforms. Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- openbravopos-2.30.2-linux-installer.bin. The installer for all Linux platforms like Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Fedora, Debian, ... with an i386 processor.
- openbravopos-2.30.2-linux-x64-installer.bin. The installer for all Linux platforms with an x64 processor architecture.
- openbravopos-2.30.2-linux-ia64-installer.bin. The installer for all Linux platforms with an IA64 processor architecture.
- openbravopos-2.30.2-solaris-intel-installer.bin. The installer for Solaris with an intel processor.
- openbravopos-2.30.2-osx-installer.app.tar.gz. The installer for MacOS with an intel processor.
- openbravopos_2.30.2_bin.zip. The binary files intended for any platform.
- Openbravo POS sources
- openbravopos_2.30.2_src.zip. The source files of Openbravo POS, including everything: the PDA module, jobs and transformations and the synchronization web services module.
Upgrading from Openbravo POS 2.30 and 2.30.1
To save all the data and configuration we recommend first to close all the applications connected to the database, make a backup of your database, upgrade the database and discard this backup only when everything has been tested to work with the new version.
The first time Openbravo POS 2.30.2 starts, if the database is from a previous version it asks the user if it should be upgraded. If the user selects yes, the SQL script that upgrades the database structure is executed and Openbravo POS starts normally.
- All the pending receipts are deleted because the pending receipt records stored in the database are not compatible with the latest version. We recommend, previous to upgrade the database, to close all the pending receipts with the old version of Openbravo POS you are using.
We want to hear from you! You can reach Openbravo community at:
- Openbravo POS forums: http://forge.openbravo.com/projects/openbravopos/forum
- IRC: #openbravo (English) and #openbravo-es (Spanish) on irc.freenode.net
To keep up to date with Openbravo community news, be sure to visit Planet Openbravo for blog posts from the Openbravo community.
Do you want to contribute? To get involved with Openbravo POS see our Contributor's guide.
- 0014586 : AMEX Cards still do not work in Openbravo POS
- 0014585 : Cannot load the receipt in the Edit sales window
- 0014584 : Reports Products, Inventory, Catalog... do not work