- MySQL 5.0/MySQL Enterprise 5.1 or better (Certified by Sun)
- Apache Derby release 10.4.2 or better
- Oracle 10g release 2 (Express, Standard and Enterprise editions)
- PostgreSQL 8.1.4 or better
- HSQLDB 1.8.0 or better
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista.
- Red Hat.
- Mac OSX.
- Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 6.0 or higher.
Supported POS hardware
- Touch screens. Configured to emulate a mouse.
- Bar code scanners. Configured to emulate a standard keyboard.
- Receipt printers. Configured as a standard printer, or with the ESC/POS protocol support, or with JavaPOS support. If the ESC/POS protocol support is used then must be connected to a serial or parallel port.
- Fiscal printers. With JavaPOS support.
- Customer displays. With the ESC/POS protocol support or with JavaPOS support, if the ESC/POS protocol is used, then must be connected to a serial or parallel port.
- Cash drawers. Connected to the receipt printer or with JavaPOS support.
- Data collectors. Metrologic Scanpal 2 connected to a serial port. This functionality is deprecated and not supported.
- Scales. With the Samsung protocol or the Dialog1 protocol support. Connected to a serial port of the POS terminal.
- Magnetic card readers (MSR). Configured to emulate a standard keyboard.
- Java / Swing.
- Web services.
Supported regions / countries