Projects:Payment Aging Balance/Functional Document Functional Document
Payment Aging Balance for APRM - Functional Specification
The purpose of this project is to make a report for Advanced Payables and Receivables Management module. This report shows the pending payments by due date range.
The filter side of this report should show the information below.
- Organization (Mandatory).
- Receivable / Payable / Both (Mandatory). The user must select from a list which information is going to be shown. If "Receivable" is selected, the result is going to be related to the payments that the organization is going to collect. If "Payable" is selected, the result would be related to the payments the organization is committed to pay. And if "Both" is selected then the result will reflect all the pending payments.
- Business Partners (Optional). The user can select multiple Business Partners to filter the results.
- Financial Account (Optional). The user can filter the results by financial accounts.
- Currency (Mandatory). All amounts shown are previosuly converted to the selected currency if a conversion rate exists. An error message will be shown elsewise.
- Day ranges (Mandatory). The results shown are grouped according to the day ranges the user must enter. The user can enter the ending day for each range, and then, the application will automatically modify the beginning day for the next ranges. For example. In the first range the user enters 16, the range is now 0 - 16. Then the application modifies the beginning day for the next range, so it starts now at day 17, and modifies the other ranges accordingly.
And should Display a table showing the following data (For clarity reasons it is supposed that the receivable button was selected in the filter)
- Business partner. A business partner with pending payments to collect.
- Previous. A sum of all the pending debts the business partner has with the organization untill the present day.
- First day range. The amount of money the business partner is commited to pay between the first day of this range and the last one.
- Second day range. Same as above.
- Third day range. Same as above.
- Fourth day range. Same as above.
- Fifht day range. Same as above.
- Total This is the total amount of money that the business partner owes to the company.
- Each of the amounts showed in the table must be a link to the Payment Report. This report will be opened with the same filters applied before and the date range will be the same one as in the amount linked to it. Therefore the information shown will be the movements that are going to happen in that date range.
- The pending payments a business partner has with the organization, those are consered to be:
- The invoices not collected.
- The amount outstanding from partially collected invoices.
- Payments with the status "Awaiting Execution" or "Pending Payment"
Dependant on Advanced Payables and Receivables Management.
Openbravo ERP enables you to view pending receivables by due date range, using the Payment Aging Balance report. From within the report, you can break down each aged amount into its component receivable amounts.
Bob, the accountant of a food delivery company has to make an important payment within the next month. Right now he has not enough money in his account to settle it, but he is going to receive some payments within the following weeks. He wants to know when will he be able to afford the payment.
In the Payment Aging Balance Report, he checks the Receivable button, and enters the day ranges in intervals of 7 days. Then he runs the report.
Thanks to this report he finds out that within two weeks he will have collected the necesary money to settle the payment.
User Interface Mockups
Html search view.
Exporting to .pdf (Filtering criteria missing. To be added in final report)