Projects:Product Attributes revision/Functional Specification
Product Attributes revision - Functional Specifications
The purpose of this project is to review the product attributes to enhance its functionality and its usability.
This project covers different feature request that has been demanded for a long time and that are grouped in the 4149: Product attributes revision feature request. This includes a better visibility of when it is being edited an existing attribute or when is being created a new one, the ability to have mandatory attributes and some other features.
The attributes are used in all the modules so this project might affect all the ERP.
It is recommended to minimize the impact on the application trying to keep the actual output of the attribute set instance and restricting the changes to the generation and maintenance of this attribute set instance.
User roles & profiles
The attributes are used by any user that is involved with the products, that makes almost all the users of the application.
- Warehouse workers
- Typically these users do not have a high level of professional education and might not be computer literate. They tend however to spend a number of years with the same employer and after hiring they go through a few days of training to learn the processes within the warehouse. These users, therefore, need to be able to learn how to use the product in a few hours. These users need to be able to select easily the correspondent attributes.
- Generic employee
- These are users that work for the organization implementing Openbravo in a variety of roles and that are involved in a given business process on an occasional basis. Because of the infrequent nature of their involvement in the process, their primary concern is ease of use, defined as the ability to perform a new task without having to read any documentation.
- Purchase managers
- Typically these users have a high level of professional education, are computer literate and receive training in the product and business process. These users perform purchase orders from the requisitions, they have to select the correspondent vendor taking into account the different variables that can take part in the decision: price, discounts, availability,...
- Sale managers
- Typically these users have a high level of professional education, are computer literate and receive training in the product and business process. These users perform sale orders, they have to create the correspondent orders taking into account the different variables that can take part in the decision: price, discounts, availability,...
Business process definition
- Create new attribute set instances.
- Select a product with its correspondent attribute set instance.
- Change the attribute set instance of a selected product.
- Edit an existing attribute set instance.
- Mike, the purchase manager, wants to create a new Purchase order of red shirts.
- In the Order line he choose shirt product and, using the attribute selector, selects red color and lefts in blank the lot field.
- Later Mark, a warehouse worker, receipts the purchase order.
- In the Pending Good Receipts window selects the corresponding purchase order filling the necessary fields and process it.
- The application shows a message stating with the Document Number of the created Receipt and a message that the attributes has not been filled.
- Mark navigates to the Receipt and in the line opens the attribute selector and fills the lot field with the corresponding value.
- Mark has misspelled the lot number and the application shows a message that already exists an instance of red shirt and the given lot number and 3 choices:
- Continue creating a new instance, so it will have two instances with the same attribute values
- Continue using the existing instance of color and lot.
- Go back to previous window to change the definition.
- He goes back and fixes the lot number. He press Ok and the selector is closed and in the application appears a message stating that a new attribute instance has been created.
- Sarah, a sales manager, wants to crate a new Sales order for the red shirts.
- In the Order line she chooses the product.
- She opens the attributes selector and selects red color and press Ok. The popup closes and appears a message that the attribute has been selected with the available stock.
- Joey, a warehouse worker, receipts an order of 100 computers.
- He goes to the Pending Goods Receipt window and selects the corresponding order to generate the Receipt.
- As the computers have an attribute set with serial number the process generates 100 receipt lines, as there is not a serial number control the serial number is left null.
- He goes to the mass attribute entry window and search the lines of the generated receipt.
- He selects the serial number attribute and inserts the serial numbers and processes it.
- He now can go back to the Receipt and completes it.
- Joey, a warehouse worker, receipts an order of 100 computers.
- He goes to the Pending Goods Receipt window and selects the corresponding order to generate the Receipt and process it.
- As there isn't a serial number control the process generates just a receipt line and shows a message that the receipt can not be processed.
- He goes to the Good Receipt window and search the line of the generated receipt.
- He opens the attribute popup and clicks the split button.
- By default it is selected the Automatic option, but as the computers does not have consecutive serial numbers he changes to manual.
- He can now enter the serial numbers of the computers. The first time the manual option is checked there are only 10 fields available, he press the Show all button to get the 100 fields.
- He now can go back to the Receipt Header and complete it.
Functional requirements based on business processes
- Massive attribute entry: Manual window to insert attributes massively to the lines of the selected document (shipment, receipt, production run,...)
- Redesign of the attribute creation and edition.
- New attribute selector for outgoing transactions.
Massive attribute entry
This window is defined in the Inherit Attributes and Split Serial No project.
Redesign of attribute creation and edition
|2.1||Messages to the user to clarify when a new attribute set instance has been created or if it has been used an existing one.||Must have||not started|
|2.2||Show in the popup window when an existing attribute set instance is being edited.||Must have||not started|
|2.3||Ability to create partial attribute set instances with null attribute values that will be filled later.||Must have||not started|
|2.4||Ability to set mandatory attributes that are required when the material transaction (shipment, production, material movement,...) is processed.||Must have||not started|
|2.5||Ability to set mandatory attributes that are required in the purchase and sales orders.||Must have||not started|
|2.6||Ability to set an attribute that has to be broken in several lines each of 1 unit quantity on material transaction windows. Serial number attribute has this ability implied.||Must have||not started|
New attribute selector
|3.1||Each attribute of the attribute set has a combo box. For instance attributes shows existing values with stock.||Must have||not started|
|3.2||The selector can not create a new instance of instance attribute sets.||Must have||not started|
|3.3||Show the available, on hand and reserved stock of the selected attributes values.||Nice to have||not started|
User Interface Mockups
Mass attribute entry for option A of Story 3
|In the filter section is selected the transaction type (goods receipts) and the corresponding transaction. Presing the search button appears all the lines of the selected transaction.
In the middle section there are all the lines grouped by product. For each product it is necessary to select the attribute that it is desired to set. If a default value is defined all the lines are filled with that value, in the case of Serial Number it is possible to set an increment, in that case the default value is used as initial value and the rest of lines are calculated with the increment number. When all the attributes have been filled it is possible to process it and all the attribute set instances are generated and set to the lines.
Attribute edition popup for option B of Story 3
|When it is opened the attribute edition popup to create or complete a new attribute instance of an attribute set that has attributes that can be splited it appears the split button on the bottom of the page. There is also an info box listing the attributes that has the split option and the number of lines that will be generated.|
|When it is split attribute set the automatic option appears selected and we can enter the first serial number and the increment.|
|When is changed to the manual option we can enter manually all the necessary values.|