Projects:Product Unit Cost
Unit Cost tab
Unit Cost Tab contains information about the actual unit cost of the product, the stock and its valuation
The information in this Tab is highly tied to the calculated Cost of a Product. For more information, please refer to the Costing section of the Product Documentation. This dependency has two implications:
- The values of this Tab are based on the Cost of the Product, therefore there will be records only for those Organizations with a Costing Rule defined and validated.
- The information in this Tab is updated only when the Cost is calculated. It does not reflect the Stock that has no Cost calculated for it.
- The automatic calculation is disabled by default. To enable it a create a preference using the property Allow to persist Unit Cost and value Y.
Fields to note:
- Organization. Each legal entity that has a Costing Rule defined and validated.
- Stock. It is the Stock of a Product that has the Cost already calculated. If all transactions have their Cost calculated, it will be the same as the actual Stock of the Product.
- Stock Valuation. It is the current total Valuation of the Stock of the Product. It is based on the Cost of the Product, therefore all the Transactions in which this Product is involved should have it's Cost calculated. For more information, please refer to the Costing section of the Product Documentation.
- Unit Cost. It represent the Cost valuation for each unit of the Product. It is the result of dividing the Stock Valuation by the Stock.
- Warehouse. If the Costing Rule defined for the Organization has the check Warehouse Dimension checked, a record will be created for each Warehouse available for that Organization. The Stock, Stock Valuation and Unit Cost will be calculated for each Warehouse independently.
Afterwards, the values are updated automatically:
- Each time the Cost of a Transaction is calculated or a Cost Adjustment is made. This action updates the current Stock its total Valuation and the Unit Cost.
There is also a Process named Reset Unit Cost. This Process allows to delete the records contained in this Tab and generate them again. It can be filtered by Organization.
The amounts and costs are calculated in the default currency of the legal entity. In case this currency is changed all the calculated unit costs are deleted and the Reset Stock Valuation process needs to be executed to recalculate the unit costs in the new currency.
This is an example of how the information of this Tab is filled and Updated.
1. A new Product is created for F&B US. This Organization has already a Costing Rule defined, therefore this Tab will be filled with the information about it's Stock, Stock Valuation and Unit Price (since it is a new Product, everything will be 0)
2. Two Goods Receipts are done for this Product, but it's Cost has not been calculated yet (This an be verified in the Transactions Tab in the Product Window). The information of this Tab is not updated.
3. The Costing Background Process is fired and it calculates the Cost for all the Transactions that don't have it calculated. The Tab is updated.
4. A Goods Shipment is made for this Product, but it Cost has not been calculated yet. This Tab is not updated.
5. The Costing Background Process is fired and it calculates the Cost for all the Transactions that don't have it calculated. The Tab is updated.