Projects:Project Scheduling Capabilities Enhancement/Functional Specification
Project Scheduling Capabilities Enhancement - Functional Specifications
This project aims to improve scheduling capabilities within Openbravo ERP as a previous step for project evolution reporting and integration with project management tools.
The following elements will implement this new functionality:
- Service Project and Multiphase Project tabs with a Starting Date field.
- Project Profitability and Service Project Report with From Project Starting Date and To Project Starting Date fields.e
- Project Phase and Project Task tabs with a Contract Date field.
- Standard Phase and Standard Task tabs with a Standard Duration in Days field.
- Set Project Type process with a Starting Date field.
This project assumes that Project & Service Management module is working correctly. If this is not the case, see the Constraints section.
This project is the first step for Project Evolution Report project.
A bug in Project & Service Management module could stop this project. The procedure in this case will be:
- Report the bug in Openbravo's issues tracker.
- Correct the bug in the development trunk, not in the project branch.
- Merge the trunk (that will include the bug fix) to the project branch.
- Continue with the project development.
User roles & profiles
- Project Managers
- A project manager needs to launch a new multiphase project. Since the projects he manages have all the same structure, i.e., the same structure of phases and tasks and the same duration (for instance, a training course) he needs an easy manner to create it.
Business process definition
- Create a new project type (Project & Service Management || Setup || Project Type).
- Set standard phases and tasks with their standard duration.
- Create a new multiphase project (Project & Service Management || Transactions || Multiphase Project)
- Schedule it by setting the project type (Set Project Type button) with a starting date.
John, the course manager of a specialized training company, needs to schedule the 2 weeks course that will start the next week. For this purpose, he defines a new project type called Training course with its standard phases, tasks, products (if any) and duration. After that, he creates a new multiphase project and easily schedules it by setting its project type equals to Training course and selecting the starting date of the project.
Functional requirements based on business processes
To achieve the desired functionalities the following elements needs to be added.
|1.1||C_Project table must include a non mandatory column StartDate.||Must have||Complete|
|1.2||Multiphase Project (Project & Service Management >> Transactions >> Multiphase Project) and Service Project (Project & Service Management >> Transactions >> Service Project) windows must include a non mandatory date field named Starting Date.||Must have||Complete|
In order to:
|2.1||C_ProjectPhase table must include a non mandatory column DateContract.||Must have||Complete|
|2.2||Project Phase (Project & Service Management >> Transactions >> Multiphase Project >> Project Phase) must include a non mandatory date field Contract Date.||Must have||Complete|
|2.3||C_ProjectTask table must include a non mandatory column DateContract.||Must have||Complete|
|2.4||Project Task (Project & Service Management >> Transactions >> Multiphase Project >> Project Phase >> Project Task) must include a non mandatory date field Contract Date.||Must have||Complete|
|3.1||C_Phase table must include a non mandatory numeric (integer) column StandardDuration.||Must have||Complete|
|3.2||Standard Phase tab (Project & Service Management >> Setup >> Project Type >> Standard Phase) must include a non mandatory date field Standard Duration in Days.||Must have||Complete|
|3.3||C_Task table must include a non mandatory numeric (integer) column StandardDuration.||Must have||Complete|
|3.4||Standard Task tab (Project & Service Management >> Setup >> Project Type >> Standard Phase >> Standard Task) must include a non mandatory date field Standard Duration in Days.||Must have||Complete|
|3.5|| Set Project Type process must:
User Interface Mockups
Service Project window
Multiphase Project window
Project Profitability report
Service Project Report
Project Phase tab
Project Task tab
Standard Phase tab
Standard Task tab
Set Project Type
Application Dictionary elements as well as all type of files involved in Model - View - Controller (MVC) stucture (*.html, *.xml, *.java and *.xsql files) will have to be modified.