Projects:Projects:Wildcard Support In Exclude Filter/QA
Four tests have been defined per excluded database object (tables, views, triggers, functions and sequences:
- _isExcluded. Checks that excluding database object without using wildcards works.
- _isExcludedWithWildCard. Check excluding one object using a wildcard.
- _isExcludedWithMultipleWildcards. Checks excluding two objects using wildcards.
- _isExcludedWithWildcardsAndNonWildcards. Checks excluding two objects, one with a wildcard, the other one standard.
Each one checks that the exclusion properly by:
- Importing one object that will not be excluded and one or two objects that will be excluded
- Checking that the excluded objects are created in the database
- Exporting the database, and checking that the excluded objects have not been exported.
This project does not have an impact on the performance of the import/export database process. If there are no wildcards defined the queries executed are exactly the same, and if wildcards are defined then clauses similiar to upper(tablename) like 'SYM\_' are added. This queries are executed on tables that do not have huge volumes, so the impact should be negligible.