Projects:RFIDIntegration WebPOS/Functional Requirements
RFID Integration Functional Requirements
This project allows to integrate an RFID reader with Web POS.
An RFID reader is a wireless tag reader which work with radiofrequency waves.
RFID Technology is based on EPC codes. These codes are 24 digit hexadecimal numbers. An EPC code is a unique identifier for a product so that means that multiple RFID codes can point to the same product.
- As a cashier I want to add products to the cart just bringing them close to a wireless scanner.
- As a cashier I want the products to be added to the cart just once.
- As a cashier I want to be able to remove products from the cart and then be able to scan them again.
- As a cashier I want the products to be unique and identifiable right on the screen.
- As a cashier I want to be able to return products and then be able to scan them again.
- As a cashier I want to be able to enable / disable this scanner manually.
- As an administrator I want to be able to show / hide the enable / disable button.
- As a cashier I want the device to get disabled automatically after an specified time.
- As a cashier I want the device to get disabled automatically when I am logged out or not in a tab which allows scanning.
- As a cashier I want the device to get reenabled automatically when I log in or when I switch to a tab which allows scanning from a one which does not.
- As a tester I want to select the screen as a scanner and be able to interact with it.
- As a tester I want to send to the Hardware Manager a fake "Add product through RFID" right from the developers console.
- The RFID reader must be connected to a instance of the Hardware Manager.
- POS Terminal Type has to be configured to use RFID. Also the Hardware URL has to be set.
- Then the Hardware Manager will send the RFID codes to Web POS whenever it reads one, then Web POS will add the appropriate product to the current order.
- A new button in Web POS is needed to enable or disable the RFID reader.
- A configurable timeout is needed to establish the maximum time between communications before the reader gets disabled
- Embisphere Embipos
- Screen (Standard Output)