Projects:RFIDIntegration WebPOS/User Guide
RFID Integration User Guide
This project basically allows a POS user to scan products through an RFID reader.
This project requires a minimum configuration. Half of it is on the ERP's side and the rest is on Hardware Manager's side.
There are 3 configuration fields in the ERP related with this project. All of them are in the header tab of "POS Terminal Type" Window.
- Use RFID: Enables the use of the RFID reader.
- RFID Timeout: Set a timeout to Web POS after which a disconnect will be sent to the RFID reader (If this field is not set, the timeout is disabled). This timeout resets every time a product is scanned through the reader.
- Use Security Gate: This field establish that after every POS sale, the terminal will send the order to the Hardware Manager, and the latter will try to call to its respective sendOrder method. This method has to be implemented in a new Hardware Manager plugin if one wants to use this check. Basically is intended to be used if a communication with a security gate is needed.
Also, in order to use the reader, the hardware url has to be set according with this guide.
Hardware Manager Configuration
Two new lines have been added to openbravohw.properties:
## RFID ## #machine.rfid = embipos:COM1,3,500,255,0,0,300,1 machine.rfid = screen:,3
By default the screen device is the one enabled, but if an EmbiPOS device wants to be used you can comment this line and uncomment the previous one.
The line machine.rfid accepts 9 parameters:
- Device: Name of the device.
- Port: Name of the port in which the device is connected.
- Hardware Manager's Buffer Size: The number of tickets that tags will be stored in the Hardware Manager's Buffer, before getting removed Default: 3.
- Read Power: Default: 500.
- Q-Factor: Default: 255.
- Session: Default: 0.
- Miller Code: Default: 0.
- Reading Cicle: Default: 300.
- Channel: Default 1.
If the screen device is enabled, only the Hardware Manager's Buffer Size is needed.
A new preference has been created:
- Web POS action Disable / Enable RFID Reader: New property to show or hide a new Web POS button to enable or disable the RFID reader.
With everything configured properly products can be added to the ticket using the reader. To do so, one just need to bring closer an RFID tag to the reader and it will beep.
Also while standing in Return this receipt products can be added. In this case they will be added with negative quantity as it proceeds.
Under some circumstances the reader can beep but the product will not be added. If that happens it means that the tag is either in Hardware Manager's buffer, or in the current ticket.
Also if the reader does not beep it means that the tag is already in the reader's buffer.
All buffers will be cleaned each time Web POS gets refreshed.
Each time a line which has been added to the ticket using an RFID reader is removed it will also be removed from the Hardware Manager's buffer and theoretically from the device's buffer (this has not been possible for EmbiPOS due to its API)
This affects to:
- Undo add line
- Delete line
- Undo delete line (This will add the EPC again to Hardware Manager's buffer)
- Remove ticket
- End session
Disable/Enable RFID Reader
Any user of a terminal with Use RFID and Web POS action Disable / Enable RFID Reader can disable and enable the RFID reader through a new button placed in the main menu.
This will also be reflect in a new icon next to the SCAN label in the main toolbar. This icon has 3 states:
- Green:The RFID reader is connected and enabled.
- Red:The RFID reader is connected but disabled.
- Grey: The connection with the RFID reader was lost.
Hardware Manager Workflows
Once configured properly, the hardware manager itself can be used as an RFID reader through its graphical interface.
Basically there are two options:
- Send: Send an EPC (24 digit hex) to Web POS and add it to Hardware Manager's buffer.
- Reset: Reset Hardware Manager's buffer.