Projects:Reduce Audit Trail Infrastructure Overhead/QA
There are some general improvements that be applied for the Audit Trail infrastructure itself. This new improvements help to reduce the time spent in audit trail. For this reason, the main goal of the QA-Test Plan of this project is to ensure that the new Audit Trail infrastructure reduces as much as can this overall overhead.
Defined in TestLink in Platform > [ATI] Audit Trail Infrastructure. The following scenarios have been tested manually.
- Audit Trail with DAL.
- Audit Trail with SQLC.
- Audit Trail with Uncontrolled cases.
Apart of the manual test defined in test link, several manual test have been done. Some actions have been done before execute a suite of selenium in order to store information. The following steps have been done
- Prepare environment for testing purposes:
- Deactivated background process.
- Fully audited:
- UPDATE ad_table SET isfullyaudited='Y' WHERE dataorigintype='Table' and tablename <> 'AD_Audit_Trail'
- Isauditinserts in order to prevent audited inserts:
- UPDATE ad_table SET isauditinserts='N' WHERE dataorigintype='Table' and tablename <> 'AD_Audit_Trail';
- Activate instance.
- Run Update Audit Trail Infrastructure process.
- Reset auxiliary tables
- DELETE FROM ad_audit_trail;
- SELECT pg_stat_statements_reset();
- Execute suites of selenium:
- Copy auxiliary tables:
- SELECT * INTO ad_audit_trail_improvements FROM ad_audit_trail
- SELECT * INTO pg_stat_improvements FROM pg_stat_statements
- Evaluate if audit is done properly with  and . Store results with COPY statement.
The following flows have been covered:
A couple of actual customers have been monitored before the project is applied to understand which is the expected reduction: https://docs.google.com/a/openbravo.com/spreadsheets/d/14wNWr6cZ__YyV0Mpa_FSWQoW8yPYMPlgeN9k_grai1Q/edit?usp=sharing