Generate sales invoices from re-invooiced invoices
The purpose of this project is to implement a process to generate sales invoices from re-invoicing purchase invoices.
- Ability to select purchase invoices to be re-invoiced
- Ability to filter the invoices to re-invoice.
- Ability to create sales invoices grouping purchases invoices by: Project, Customer or Purchase Invoice.
Business Process Definition
Purchase Invoice Window
- Header Tab
- Check Re-invoice to specify if the Invoice is re-invoicing.
- Select customer to re-invoice this purchase invoice. You can't save an invoice as re-invoicing if there is no Customer to re-invoice selected
- Lines Tab
- Check Re-invoice if the line is going to be re-invoiced. When save the line it change the Re-invoice check in the header and forces the user to select a customer.
A process will be created in order to allow the user to add the required filters to launch the sales invoices from the purchase invoices lines to be re-invoiced. This process will be called “Re-invoicing process” and the filters to add will be the following ones:
- Organization: it may be empty.
- Starting date - Ending date: compulsory filters, period of purchase invoices pending to be reinvoiced.
- Sales invoice date: compulsory value, the value by default will be todays date, it will be the date of the sales invoices generated.
- Business Partner (Customer): allow to filter by those customers to whom it is required to invoice.
- Contract: if it is required to filter by any specific contract.
- Product: to indicate the products to those purchase invoice lines that must be re-invoiced.
- Purchase invoice: it allows to filter for those purchase invoices that are required to re-invoice.
- Current: Checked by default. To launch just the invoices considering all the filters.
- Previous: Un-checked by default. To launch all the invoices considering all the filters but also if there are any purchase invoice pending to be re-invoiced previous to the starting date (but considering also the other filters)
- Group sales invoice by: the user may indicate how the sales invoices must be grouped, the available options will be:
- Purchase invoice: it will be the option checked by default. one sales invoice will be generated per purchase invoice, considering all the lines checked as re-invoiced and with the same customer.
- Customer: all purchase invoice lines checked as re-invoiced with the same customer will generate a unique sales invoice.
- Project/Contract: it will be generated so many sales invoices as purchase invoice lines to re-invoiced considering the same customer and project.
If no filter is selected, the system will consider all the purchase invoices pending to be re-invoiced.
When the button “Done” is pressed, the system will show the proposal of the sales invoices to be created.
The information of the invoices suggested must be the following one:
- Organization: the same as the purchase invoice
- Business partner: the customer to re-invoice indicated in the purchase invoice header or lines.
- Payment terms, conditions, method, sales pricelist: this information must be the one indicated in the customer window by default.
- Sales representative: the one indicated by default in the customer window.
- Project: if the invoice has been generated per project and customer, it will be indicated in the header, if it is independent, the projects must be indicated by line, because they may be different.
- Other accounting dimensions must be considered if the are in the purchase invoice header.
- Product: the same product as the one in the purchase invoice line to be re-invoiced.
- Unit: the one for the product
- Price: the same net price as in the purchase invoice line, consider the taxes could be different.
- Description: must be inherit from the purchase invoice line.
- Other accounting dimensions must be considered if the are in the purchase invoice line.
The user may select the invoices proposed to be launch and “Create invoices”. The system will create the invoices selected in a complete status.