Projects:Remove Axis Support/Specs
Openbravo core includes Axis 1 library, which is not supported for a long time. The purpose of this library is to give support for SOAP web services both as client and server.
This library is going to be removed from Openbravo distribution because:
- It is very old and unsupported
- There are few customers making use of it
- Apache CXF module provides an infrastructure for SOAP web services which is much more modern than Axis.
Current core usage
Currently (3.0PR19Q3), Openbravo core consumes Butler/Central Repository SOAP WebServices through Axis. These services will be refactored to make use of REST services as part of the fix for 41104.
Other users of Axis SOAP web services will need to migrate, there will be two alternatives:
- (recommended) migrate services/clients to Apache CXF module
- Install (unsupported) Axis Legacy module, which includes old Axis library to keep backwards compatilibity without additional changes.