Projects:Remove Unused AD Elements/Technical Specification
The goal of this document is to outline the steps to clean deprecated or not yet implemented elements from the application.
Each step of the process will involve the following process:
- Temporarily Remove access to the element.
- Compile the application - this should be a complete compile to ensure that nothing is broken during the compilation process.
- Test the functionality where the element was previously referenced.
- If there are no issues then the element should be marked as deprecated and access to the element permanently removed.
- 513 - AD_ELEMENT.PRINTTEXT never used
- 595 - Resource Assignment field to be removed from SO Lines
- 4098 - Connection pool button on Session Preferences is not implemented yet so it should be hidden
- 4445 - Report Rpt_Etiquetas should be removed
- Deprecated - An element or code that was previously used in the application but is no required or implemented. Has been replaced with new functionality or implementation.
- Hidden/Hide - the element is planned for future use or is included for customized implementation but is not part of the core application. The element should not be visible in the user interface.
- Remove - Delete all instances and implementations of the element in the application.
513 - AD_ELEMENT.PRINTTEXT never used:
- Check references to the column PRINTNAME in the database.
- Remove the column from the database.
- Remove the column from the Application Dictionary table AD_ELEMENT.
- Recompile the application.
- Run the Synchronize Terminology process.
- Run import language and export language processes.
- Create and save a new sales order and purchase order.
- Print the new sales and purchase orders as well as pre-existing sales and purchase orders.
595 - Resource Assignment field to be removed from SO Lines:
- Remove the Resource Assignment field from the Sales Order lines tab.
- Recompile the application.
- Create and save a new Sales Order including lines.
- Complete the sales order process and implementation including invoicing.
4098 - Connection pool button on Session Preferences is not implemented yet so it should be hidden:
- Remove the button from the Session Preferences form.
- Files found at org.openbravo.erpCommon.ad_forms.ShowSessionPreferences.
- Remove reference in the HTML document - ShowSessionPreferences.html.
- Recompile the application and navigate to the screen.
- Save the screen information.
4445 - Report Rpt_Etiquetas should be removed:
- Remove CommPortsOpen.java class.
- Remove /lib/comm.jar.
- Remove src/org/openbravo/erpCommon/ad_reports/Rpt_Etiquetas.
- Java, HTML, XML, XSQL, SRPT files.
- Remove from the application menu - check on the location of this item in the application dictionary.
Appendix A. UML Diagrams
Q1. Should the elements be completely deleted from the application during 2.50 or should they be marked as deprecated and removed in 2.60? Hi, in my opinion all the elements (reports, columns, fields) should be hidden and mark as deprecated. Then in 2.60 should be removed