Projects:Remove WAD 2.50 Generated Code/Technical Specifications
Currently, build tasks continue working some old 2.50 style generated code. The reason to do so is because there are processes that have not been migrated yet to newer code, they are:
- Processes defined by
- DocAction (process document) processes
- Post (accounting) processes
Together with the code to support these processes, it also generates old the code intended to handle the UI for these windows, which in practice is never used. Furthermore, html templates to visualize them are never generated.
This causes the following problems:
- This code needs to be maintained even if it is never used. Sometimes, some tweaks are done just to make it compile.
- Compilation is (slightly) slowed down
- It's difficult to read generated code, as much of it is not needed
The generated code will be limited to only the necessary to handle those processes.
Other cases where supposedly windows were shown in 2.50 mode, will be desupported. Note that these cases were already not working:
- filtering/sorting using SQL but not HQL
- preference to show the window in 2.50 mode
- edit forms (manual servlet replacing a full tab in a generated window)
Checked file size reduction in a clean pi compared with same in PR17Q1, generated code is reduced from 12MB to 4.5MB, saving 7.5MB. More details here.