As part of these projects two different tests suites have been developed:
- Main Suite: covers the mapping infrastructure and the JSON web service response engine.
- Web Services Suite: covers the expected behavior when performing different web service calls.
These test suites will be integrated in our CI.
An Openbravo instance with the retail API was created to execute performance tests. This instance had:
- 1000000 customers, with a location and contact information for each.
- 250000 products, all of them associated with an assortment.
- 250000 prices, one for each product.
For the export endpoints, each endpoint was tested with each of the filters. Whenever possible, the filter parameters were chosen so that a full page of data (with 10k records) would be returned (this was not always possible, because for example we have filtering by ID, and this will always return just one record).
All endpoints returned their data in less than 1 second.
For the import endpoints, a list of up to 1000 records (depending on each case, highest numbers were used in products, prices and business partners) was produced and imported executing each import endpoint. Then, the import time of the corresponding EDL request was checked.
In all cases, the total import time was less than 2 seconds.