Projects:Retail Remote Datasource Product BP
WebPOS pre-loads all the master data when the user logs in. Master data is then updated incrementally.
However in high volume environments it is not possible to load all the master data as the volume of master data is too high. This applies mainly to the following types of data:
- Products & Prices
- Business Partners and Business Partner Location
This project has as goal to change WebPOS so that Products and Prices and Business Partners are loaded on-demand when the users searches for them explicitly.
Remote/on-demand loading of products and business partners has consequences for the following WebPOS functionalities:
- BP adding/updating: it should remain possible to search for a BP and change it (or it's location), add a new address/change an address.
- Layaways: layaways (across) terminals and quotations should remain working as it is, so with the same functionality but then in a high-volume/remote product loading environment
- product catalog: should be disabled in high volume environments. Supporting product catalogs in high volume environments is a separate project:
- ticket loading: when a ticket is loaded from the backend also its related business partner and product data needs to be loaded on-demand
- discounts: remote discount loading is a separate topic. Due to the complexity of discount logics and the very generic/flexible way it is defined in webpos it can make sense to implement the discount logic on the server or resolve for a ticket which discounts apply and send these to the client for every ticket
The remote datasource implementation for products and BPs is implemented through this ticket/issue:
- Tracking issue: https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=29909
- 30-08-2015: Will be in the 15Q4 release, final review of 2 remaining issues to be done, documentation done.
Efficient reading of product categories
A topic related to high volume products: http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/Projects:Filter_Product_Categories_Definition
It is covered by this feature request: https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=30553