Projects:Safer Production Operation
This is a collaborative development project to allow the configuration of the login page without the need of customizing core
- Documentation in Configuration to keep concepts clear (and simple recipees)
- Working in safe mode, when rebuilding the system, do automate recovery of backed-up source files and update.database when a validation fails (no risk) or when the rebuild fails (risk of failure in recovery). To be discussed
- Before downloading from MMC, the system checks that changes have been done in the system and need to be exported. This way it is not needed to use -DForce and avoid the risk to loose changes
- Safe.mode and friendly messages are defaulted according to instance purpose
- Avoid third party development teams to put core in development (most common mistake when updating instances)
- More coming from Paolo:
- If users set a module to In Development, a pop-up should be presented to ask whether they are sure of this action. The pop-up should explain that they should do it only if they are the authors of module and to alert them that if they are not they will loose their changes the next time that they update.
- If users change the license of a module, they should get a warning a pop-up should be presented to ask whether they are sure of this action. The pop-up should explain that only the original Author / Licensor of the module is entitled to change the license of a module and that changing the license of a third party module might be a legal violation of the intellectual property rights of the original author.
- Is Commercial and License Type = OBCL should be tied.
If you choose License Type OBCL, then Is commercial should be automatically set to Y. If you choose License Type <> OBCL, then Is commercial should be automatically set to N. If is commercial is set to Y, then license type should be set to OBCL. If is commercial is set to N, then license type should be set to null or its default value (OBPL, I guess). Finally, and we have not discussed this, if there are modules in development, I understand that they will not be exported by a standard database export task and that any change there will be lost. How do you see that?