Projects:Store Server Deployment Check
After installing a SS we need to provide a process to the application admin to check the store server installation.
The following areas will be checked:
- correct installation of symmetric ds:
- the sym_node table exists and contains two records
- there are symmetric ds triggers installed in the tables that are synchronized from store to central
- check that the store server is present in the central server registered server table and vice versa that there are 2 records in the registered server table of the store server
- synchronization works from store to central and from central to store:
- the idea is to use a test table which is synchronized both ways
- the test procedure would add a record in both central and the store test table and check if synchronization happens
- to test two way synchronization it means that the process needs to run both on central and store server
- check that the store server is online and there are no processing or other errors
- check that the store server mobile server key is correctly set
- check that the correct authentication class is set in the openbravo properties
- check that webservice requests are possible from store to central and back
The proposal is to add a 'check deployment' button in the mobile server window. The user can invoke/click this action in the central server backoffice. So the check is invoked from the central server. The checking procedures runs both on the central server and store server (see points to check).
The result of the check should be shown in a popup window. For each area there can be several results:
- fail, with a description why it failed
- not tested, this can happen if a previous test failed (for example webservice) then maybe subsequent checks can not be done
Note, the idea is that this check/test can be invoked at any time, also later during life operation of a store server.