Projects:Store Server Enhanced Error Handling
In a multi-server environment there is a separation of roles for the store and central server. The store servers serve as proxies/caches for the WebPOS systems while the central server provide a backoffice ERP user interface for administrative tasks.
The idea is that the application admin should be able to manage and monitor the operations of business logic at the store server from a central location. Part of the monitoring will be provided by tools like AppDynamics. But other monitoring should allow the user to take corrective actions. Specifically the monitoring of processing the json-messages (in store servers) which are received from WebPOS or between systems.
The goal of the 'Store Server Enhanced Error Handling' project is to make it possible to:
- view errors in the import entry and pos errors table in a store server from within the backoffice of the central server
- allow the user to correct/change the json content
- allow the user to give a command to the store server to reprocess the record (with the updated json)
- store the result of the reprocessing
- make sure that any error table in the central servers gets purged to remove old entries
The error monitoring and handling should be done from a single window with child-subtabs. The above 2 error cases should be shown in one window with the symmetric ds replication errors.