Projects:Translation Management/Development/Translation Repository
This page is for details covering user story number 8 and introduces the translation repository for sourcing information regarding available translation packs in the Openbravo Forge.
The web services and translation information will reside on the server currently being used for the Heartbeat. This installation is a customised version of Openbravo ERP and therefore web service implementation will follow the structure defined in Openbravo ERP.
What is the impact of this on the Translation Management implementation?
- New windows required to manage the central data to be shared from the central repository.
- ISO Country.
- ISO Language.
- ISO Language/Country.
- Change the existing windows in the customer implementation, removing the ISO Country, ISO Language, and ISO Language/Country objects and transfer these to the central repository.
- Provide services to call ISO Country, ISO Language, and ISO Language/Country information from the central repository.
- Create window to manage committed translation packs within the central Openbravo ERP installation.
- Implement object building and reuse from the Translation Utils objects.
This user story is only to cover the provision of a repository for centrally storing translation information. This story is not about enabling the retrieval of files.
This user story only deals with handling existing translations from within the repository, this will be extended in future stories to handle creation of new translations and language/country combinations (Phase 2, Iteration 3, User Story 3).
The repository should store the following information:
- Translation Id:TranslationIdentifier
- Translation ISO Language:ISOLanguage (ISOLanguageId, Name, ISO2LetterCode).
- Translation ISO Country:ISOCountry (ISOCountryId, Name, ISO2LetterCode).
- Translation Version:String (optional).
- Openbravo Version:String.
- Translated By:String.
- File Location:LanguagePack (for eventual download).
- Translated Files:TranslationFile (listing of files available in the translation).
Depending on the step in the process information from the above will be extracted and passed back to the Openbravo ERP installation.
High Level Overview
Slight change to the Language Test window required to change the Language field to a search button. When clicking this search button a call is made to the Translation web services which retrieves information on the ISO Country and ISO Language options available.
The user makes selections in the search boxes and then clicks search.
This creates a TranslationSearch object which contains:
- ISO Country
- ISO Language
This TranslationSearch object is sent to the repository where matching results are collated in to Translation objects which are returned and displayed in the results table. Once a selection is made from the table the TranslationId for that object is sent back to the repository where a complete Translation object is created and returned.
This information populates the Language Test page and when saved the files are transferred and imported to the database.