Openbravo has an existing implementation that provides a common approach to building trees. This consists of a tree definition capability within the AD, that is used in the core module in areas like chart of accounts, organization hierarchy, menu and a tree visualization and re-ordering capability, which is available for all trees rendered based on this infrastructure. Limitation of the tree definition capabilities are
- adding this capability for new tree relationship require changes to the core module ( and this prevents extension of this capability even to other core entities like Product Categories where it is partially implemented )
- this does not support multiple hierarchical relationships for the same entity - for example modules are related to themselves as dependencies and inclusions both of which could be looked at in a hierarchical fashion.
The purpose of this project is to address these limitation of the tree implementation to cater to the present and future needs i.e
- Provide an extension module that enables defining one or more tree type relationships for an entity within Openbravo. The entity could be a part of the core Openbravo or be a custom entity built as part of an extension to Openbravo. The relationship so defined should be implementable in a separate module.
The scope of the project is as follows
- Make it possible to define one or more tree relationships for an entity in a module
- Implement 3.0 visualization widgets for tree relationships
- Backport existing tree implementations
The initial focus would be on (1).
Forum threads on limitations of tree references.
Links from forum specific to product/business partner category limitations
Links from forum related to other or more generic limitations
Feature requests (issues ) around trees
- Hierarchical projects
- BOM graphical view
- Modularity does not support trees
- Refactor tree edition to make it to use ajax
- Tree management
Useful Links about existing implementation
User roles & profiles
Business process definition
1. Simple Hierarchy Implementation
We will implement a concrete story and then abstract the capability - the abstraction should be a part of the story acceptance criteria
Requirement:As a OB implementor, I would like a capability of defining a tree relationship for Product Categories in an extension module.
Acceptance Criteria :
- The hierarchy should be definable in a separate module
- It should ensure that no recursive relationships are rendered
- The hierarchy relationship should be visible through the existing rendering mechanism
- The mechanism to provide this hierarchy should be impelementable for other relationships as well - to be tested for Product BOM relationship
Functional requirements based on business processes
User Interface Mockups
Open Discussion Items
Closed Discussion Items