Projects:Upgrade Jasper Libraries/QA
Several reports have been executed manually, and they have been visually reviewed, checking the screen printout and the print on paper also.
The functional tests include the generation of the following reports:
- Aging Balance
- Asset Report For Depreciation Schedule
- Balance Sheet and P&L structure
- Cash Up Report
- Cash Flow Forecast
- Create Budget Reports in Excel
- Customer Statement
- General Ledger Report
- Goods Receipts Dimensional Report
- Invoice Payment Report
- Invoiced Sales Order Report
- Journal Entries Report
- Material Transaction Report
- Multidimensional Tax Report
- Multidimensional Tax Report Cash VAT
- Orders Awaiting Delivery Report
- Payment Report
- Price List Report
- Product Simple Report (Process Definition)
- Purchase Dimensional Report
- Stock Report
Also the printing functionality regarding transaction documents (Shipments, Orders, Invoices and Payments) have been reviewed, to ensure that the reports are rendered properly in the following cases:
- Multiple Print
- Print and Attach
- Multiple Print and Attach
- Print and E-mail
- Multiple Print and E-mail
Finally, to check that the report translations still work properly, the following translation pack has been installed and tested:
- Openbravo 3.0 Translation Pack: Spanish Spain
In this project there have not been generated automatic test cases, due to the lack of a test infraestructure to check if the resulting reports generated with the new Jasper Reports library are identical to the reports generated with the former library.
Instead of using automatic tests, several reports have been reviewed visually as explained in the previous section.
Reports Rendering Time Comparison
To check that the performance requirement of this project is fulfilled, the time spent to generate the printout of different reports (rendering time) have been measured to check the time differences before and after the Jasper Reports library upgrade.
For the tests, every report has been executed several consecutive times, and the average render time (without taking into account the time spent in their respective database queries) has been calculated as the final result.
The results of those tests are summarized in the following sheet.
- For the HTML and PDF output types the performance has not been degraded.
- For the XLS output type, it has been an improvement in the rendering time. This is because one of the main changes introduced in Jasper Reports 6.0.0 is the usage of the POI 3.10.1 library in the XLS exporter and data source.