Projects:Validity dates - Valid To/User Manual
How to configure it
Once the "Validity dates - Valid To" module is installed, the end-user must apply the "Validity dates - Valid To" dataset to an organization (like *).
As "System Administrator" navigate to "Windows, Tabs and Fields". Find the "General Ledger Configuration" window. Once there make sure that the tab "Process" of that window is set to "Active" = Yes.
Log out as system administrator.
Navigate to Financial Management // Accounting // Setup // General Ledger Configuration window, Process tab to link each general ledger configuration to the Process "Validity dates - Valid To".
From now on, this accounting process will be automatically run each time a document is posted.
If you want this process to be run in already posted documents, you just need to unpost the document and post it again
How to use it
This feature creates a "Valid To Date" field in the application paths listed below:
- Financial Management || Accounting || Setup || Tax Rate || Tax tab.
- Financial Management || Accounting || Setup || Account Tree || Element >> Element Value tab
- Master Data Management || Business Partner || Business Partner tab
The new accounting process will allow that the booking control process checks these 3 valid to dates before booking/posting any document in the system.
Booking will only take place in case below 3 validations are positive/true:
- Accounting date <= Tax Rate Valid To Date
- Accounting date <= Element Value Valid To Date
- Accounting date <= Business Partner Valid To Date