QA Processes/Automation and Daily Build
This document presents the steps required from QA team in order to maintain continuous Automated Testing on Daily Build.
Testing Openbravo ERP Daily Build
On a daily basis, Openbravo ERP active branches are built. As an extra step to verify the quality, QA included an automatic smoke test for early bug detection.
The process of automated daily tests are:
- After a successful compilation, the automation ant task is launched.
- Then, the automation logs are checked, looking for execution errors.
- If an error is found, it has to be within one of this categories:
- Platform. The source of the issue is related to the machine (i.e. power failures) or to the application stack (Tomcat, Database, etc.). In this case, an issue will be reported to Release Management team.
- Openbravo. The source of the issue is related to Openbravo ERP. This is caused for a non planned change of the behavior that resulted in a test case fail. In this case, an issue will be reported to Openbravo ERP development team.
- Scripts. The sources of the issue is related to automated scripts. This is caused for a planned change of the behavior that resulted in a test case fail. In this case, an issue will be reported to QA team.
Issues raised for automation process
In case an issue is detected in automation script, the defect is reported in the issue tracker with Immediate priority and will be addressed within the day in order to provide a successful execution next day.