Openbravo Commerce Cloud 23Q4 is available
Release date: November 17, 2023
Pack version: 1.8.234003
Maturity Status: QAA
- Removed support for Oracle database: Openbravo no longer supports running using Oracle database.
- Property length in generated API documentation: Generated Swagger documentation for APIs include information about the length of the properties.
- Assortment tab in Product window: Now it is possible to add a product to an assortment directly from the main Product window.
- Credit Sales: It is now possible to sell on credit in the POS.
- Offline CRM customer creation: CRM connectors can be configured to create customers while being offline.
- Force Full Refresh: A new button is required in the Channel - Touchpoint window to flag touchpoints in a way that the next refresh will be a forced full refresh. This button/process should allow multiselection to force the full refresh in multiple Touchpoints easily.
- Added a unique searchKey to TaxRate model: Added a unique searchKey to TaxRate model. For the existing records, this new field is filled in with the name of the tax.
- Backoffice OAuth2 authentication: Oauth2/OpenID authentication providers can be configured to log into Openbravo backoffice.
- Invoice API has been extended: Several relevant properties and entities (such as discounts, business date, or approval/reason information) have been added to the Invoice API.
- Add start/end date parameters in Add Stores process: Add start/end date parameters in Add Stores process similar to the process in Commercial Operations.
- Immutable Printable Reports: It is now possible to store printed reports so that when they are printed again, all referenced information is printed exactly as it was printed initially.
- Approval for managers: Users with this type of approval can approve others, but require of anotherâ€™s approval to use the action.
- New PUSH API - Funds Transfer: New event in the PUSH API when performing a funds transfer in the backoffice.
- New PUSH API - Bill of Materials + API: A new event has been added in the PUSH API for the event of processing a BoM (Bill of Materials). This event informs the increase of the stock for the final product and the decrease of the stock for the raw materials.
- Support for Different Methods in External System: Different HTTP methods (GET, POST, PUTâ€¦) can be programatically used in External Systems.
- Bixolon SRP-350III receipt printer support: Adds support for the Bixolon SRP-350III receipt printer as WebUSB printer and Hardware Manager printer.
- Include POS fiscalization API entity (Fiscal Data) in the Push API: Include POS Fiscalization API entity (Fiscal Data) in the Push API.
- Full Refresh Throttling: * Ability to flag manually (from the Back Office) one or several terminals to work offline. If a terminal is flagged to work offline, after login it will not start the full refresh process and will work offline
- Ability to configure the maximum number of terminals that can be running in a store a full-refresh process.
- Switch Order button improvements: The Switch Order button indicates the number of open orders and facilitates the switch between two open orders.
- Remote Assortment: It is now possible to define a remote assortment for a store. If defined, when scanning for products, the POS will search remotely in this assortment if the code was not found in the primary local assortment. This feature can be used to manage large quantities of scarcely sold products that would not fit in the local database for performance reasons.
- Cross Store Returns and Sales: Improves the filter and user inteface of the orders list for cross store returns and sales.
- Updated Hibernate to latest minor version (5.6.0 => 5.6.15): Hibernate ORM is the main library used for data access in Openbravo. It has been updated to the latest minor version in the 5.6.x series (5.6.0 => 5.6.15).
- Multiselection UI for React: New UI component which allows multiselection in a window. Orders view/window in react follow this new pattern.
- Toggle between Dark and Light Mode: It is possible to change the selected dark/light theme for each React POS user.
- Bills or coins are displayed as shortcut when receiving cash from customer: Now the POS supports the visualization of bills or coins in the Payment panel as shortcuts so that cashiers can quickly add cash payments for the amount of a particular coin or bill.
- Price Limit Control: This feature allows to define a minimum price for a product, so that if the effective price is lower than this limit, a warning will be shown in the screen.
- Customers and Addresses in Openbravo: It is now possible to manage customers in Openbravo, including customer selection, creation and modification, and address creation, modification and selection as shipping or invoicing address.
- Checks required to issue the correct document type (Simplified Invoice threshold) - Portugal: Portuguese simplified invoice threshold management upgrade to POS2, in order to manage the type of document to be issued (simplified invoice or invoice).
- Reset expired password from React POS: Resetting expired passwords is now conveniently possible directly from within the POS system.
- Integration with External Discounts Engine: It is now possible to integrate the POS with external discounts engines.
- Mocking Libraries for JUnit: Mockito can now be used to write mocks for JUnit tests.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Openbravo Reports Server connecting to Openbravo Transaction DB for realtime reports: Openbravo Reports Server is now delivered standard with a data source connection directly to the Openbravo transactional database (or its replica). This allows creation of realtime reports showing data directly from the latest transactional information.
- Using Jasper 8.2.0 for Openbravo Reports Server: Openbravo has updated the installation stack for the reporting server. This means that new customers will get jasper 8.2.0 installed. Existing customers will be upgraded in the next months. For more information see the Jaspersoft whatâ€™s new page: .
- Standard reports included in Openbravo Reporting Server: Openbravo Reports Server is now delivered with a set of standard reports based on actual reports used by customers. The reports are on functional areas such as sales, store productivity and stock analysis. The reports are delivered in English and Spanish language. We will extend the language support in the next releases.
- Add Printed Name in External Discounts API: Add Printed Name in External Discounts API.
- AXISC3 payment terminals over USB connection: AXISC3 integration supports now payment terminals connected to the Ethernet Network and USB (Windows only).
- Payment integrations can define in the response the secondary name of the POS payment line: Secondary name in the payment lines can be defined by the payment integration process in the response using the new field _paymentName_.
- POS fiscalization API - Checkout event: Adding a checkout event to the fiscalization API, to get events on this action.
- New synchronization event on DO header level when processIssue or processReceipt: In this release we have added two new synchronization events which are fired/triggered at processIssue or processReceipt on header level. The name of the new event: OBDOAPI_SendDOAfterGroupConfirmation.
- External Discount API: Improvement in the External discount API to add different configuration modes, so that it is possible to use OB discounts together with discounts from external systems.
- Discount coupons in the POS: It is now possible to scan discount coupon codes, or use the new Coupons window in the POS to add or remove discount coupons from a ticket. Besides this, it is now also possible to associate coupons to customers so that only one customer can use one specific coupon.
- Adyen - QR Code Payment - Barcode Scanner Initiated flow for React and Enyo: Implements the Adyen flow for QR code wallet payments â€œInitiate from barcode scannerâ€ for React POS and Enyo POS.
- Copy Store now supports the ability to copy and spread payment methods: Copy Store now contains two processes that allow users to easily copy and spread payment methods among terminals.
- Adyen - QR Code Payment - Barcode Scanner Initiated flow for SCO: Implements the Adyen flow for QR code wallet payments â€œInitiate from barcode scannerâ€ for Selfcheckout.
- POS Fiscalization API - Tax Group information missing: It is required to include the property â€œTaxGâ€ in the JSON file for the event Ticket Complete This property will be taken from a new field to be created named â€œTax Codeâ€ in the tax rate window.
- API: Added new push events to send Task information - configurable in the routing: This development supports sending task information through the push api. The main fields of the task window are included in the api. The push event is configured on routing level, allowing to define if the push event should be sent at task creation, confirmation or both.
- POS fiscalization API - Cash Management event: POS Fiscalization API - needs to support Cash Management events (Deposit and Withdrawal).
- Portugal Certification upgrade to React - module creation and merge including code review: Portugal Certification upgrade to React - module creation and merge including code review.
- Support third party order preparation implementations in the POS front end: The Openbravo retail solution allows preparation of orders for delivery through the POS front-end. Before we supported only order preparation integrated with our own Advanced Warehousing Solution. In this release we have separated the front-end from the actual order preparation provider. Allowing third-party Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). to be plugged into the POS front-end order preparation user flow. A new module Order Preparation for AWO is available to maintain the integration with the Openbravo's WMS. For more information: .
- Pop-up to collect customer data required for invoice issuance - Spain: Pop-up to collect customer data required for the document type to be issued - Spain.
- Checks required to issue the correct document type (Simplified invoice threshold) - Spain: Checks required to issue the correct document type (Simplified invoice threshold) - Spain.
- e-fatura file generation by store - Portugal: e-fatura file generation by store - Portugal.
- Pop-up to collect customer data required depending on the document type to be issued - Portugal: Customer data pop-up if no customer data is provided through OB CRM connector.
- POS fiscalization API : â€œsending on requestâ€ event from the order screen: POS fiscalization API : â€œsending on requestâ€ event from the order screen Add a new option in contextual menu from Orders window in ReactPOS to launch COMPLETE_TICKET event of the Fiscal API.
- SAFT file generation for audit purposes by store: SAFT file generation for audit purposes by store.
- Planet Tax Free form multi document support: Planet connector for Tax Free Forms supports selecting multiple documents at once.
- Time Offset for Push API Background Process: Push API background process can be configured can be configured with a time offset that is used to modify the date filter used to get the records.
- Tax Free Forms multi selection: The Client API to operate with Tax Free Forms supports multi selection.
- Database Anonymization: New module that allows to configure some database columns to be anonymized through a script.
- Portugal Certification upgrade to React - MVP: Portugal Certification upgrade to React including MVP features related in the related JIRAS.
- Print labels for a reception: Now it is possible to print products for a distribution order.
- POS Fiscalization API get data of the original transaction in case of verified returns: POS Fiscalization API improvement to include original transaction data in case of verified returns.
- API Product / API Product Category translations: The ability to provide translations for products and product categories has been added to the API.
- Goods Receipt and Return to Vendor API: Goods receipts and return form customer.
- Stock take Import the third party inventory: Import the third party inventory - Partial stock take also inventory import must be accessed by store users and HQ users.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
- 46665: Product popover does not appear after long click on iPad
- 49422: It is not possible to log in when a new payment method has been created and only that payment method is "Defined In Safebox"
- 50928: Unable to find a product when you use a multi UPC Code just after the connection
- 50947: [Initial count] Error when entering some amounts via keyboard or calculator
- 51544: [SALES] [ORDER HISTORY] : Error message on list orders when entering manually a creation date
- 52754: Order goes to Errors While Importing POS Data if the user tries to Cancel and Replace it twice
- 52864: Cashup should be retrieved from backend if POS is working with a duplicated ticket ID
- 53158: Count amount incorrect in cash up if during open till there is a difference and user enters 0
- 53263: Date is not selectable using the calendar in DatePicker on iOS
- 53372: Barcode scanned in payment processing
- 53414: If a master data refresh fails, the next time the user logs in, the refresh should be repeated
- 53423: cannot open any BO windows
- 52575: Broken Grid in Proof Of payments option in portrait mode
- 52370: Performance: Keymap buttons are rerendered on scroll
- 50928: Unable to find a product when you use a multi UPC Code just after the connection
Please check the System Requirements prior to Installation or Update.
Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Learn more about Openbravo