Openbravo 3.0 MP13 available
Release date: July 20th, 2012
Module version: 3.0.17503
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Computed fields II: Ability to define fields that are not backed by a physical column but by a property path, in the same way that can be defined within selectors
- Computed fields III: Ability to define fields that are not backed by a physical column but by a sql expression that is computed in the back-end
- Reactivate Payment Enhancement: The purpose of this project is to enhance reactivate action for payments. Current functionality deletes lines and the header amount when a payment is reactivated. This project enhances the process to support editing lines after reactivating a payment.
- Price including taxes. Phase I: This feature lets you define prices inclusive of taxes in a price list. This feature is especially useful in the retail industry, where gross (tax inclusive) prices are frequently used. Contributed by Promantia
- New Cost Calculation Engine (including average costing method): Costing engine that supports organization and warehouse level costing. It incorporates Average Costing, which allows for different costing algorithms as modules. Support for LIFO and FIFO costing methods is expected in the future.
- 20788: Calls to dal-based webservices fail if the license contains an expired module and the auth is done in the ws-call
- 20684: Incorrect time in process request with different timezones in client/server
- 20790: The date selector on the datetime references should fill the time with the current time after selet a date
- 20658: [Performance] Heap space problem when exporting big csv files
- 20363: Support for Oracle's CLOB in Audit trail
- 18845: Accounting Transactions Details default layout was not optimized
- 20590: method getDocumentConfirmation in DocXXX files is not customizable
- 18998: Copy GL Journal does not respect organization of original batch
- 9099: Pareto Report: percentages don't add up to 100%
- 19607: Pareto Product Report does not work if report currency is distinct from Base Currency
- 19605: Generate Average Cost process should take into account goods receipts of same day checked as "permanent"
- 19606: Generate Average cost process is not raising "unposting" error if all costing lines are set as "permanent"
- 19783: When running "Generate Receipt from Invoice" process, associated matched invoice entry is created twice
- 20038: Create Lines From in Sales invoices doesn't set taxamt and taxbaseamt fields properly
- 20539: Wrong behaviour selecting transactions in Match Statement window
- 20618: in general ledger journal, "Show Entry Description" check is not possible to unselect
- 20631: Product name does not appear in Dimensional Reports if the UOM symbol is not defined
- 20657: voided invoices process does not copy alternate taxable amount lines
- 20663: In java SRMOPickEditLines.java can fail when is getting the tax
- 20673: Return From Customer/To Vendor (pick&edit): error when returning a product without attribute set value
- 20674: Return From Customer - Insert Orphan Line: you cannot create lines with products that are not item or not stocked
- 20677: The system is collapsed when adding a payment when there are a lof of document to selected (12.000)
- 20680: Return From Customer/To Vendor (pick&edit): error when returning a line
- 20682: Return From Customer - Insert Orphan Line: return reason not populated on the orphan line
- 20687: Assets: Currency field has to be selected for the product to appear, yet the field is after the product field on the screen
- 20692: Error 'Out of range' in invoices with two or more orders related
- 20730: Wrong "Available quantity" when working with sales order in "Under Way" status
- 20771: Automatic payment completing the invoice: two orders in same invoice creates incorrect payment
- 20818: When a Sales Invoice has its payments completed, three empty fields are displayed
- 20871: Details widget in Reconciliation tab is not working
- 20891: It is not possible to upgrade from 2.50 MP43 to 3.0 MP12
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Average costing per invoice price: Ability to calculate the average cost of a product using the invoice price. Sponsored by Halsteds Brothers
- Enhancement Remittance module: Ability to group by Invoice and Due date. Contributed by Practics
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 MP13 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update Openbravo 3, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
|All the maintenance packs are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status in 40 days. It is possible to check the maturity status of this maintenance pack in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.